Annual booster cost

Greenmist

Just had quite a shock today, cost of the annual booster for my bitch, £75.50, thats almost doubled since last year

Wouldn’t know , never had a dog have booster , ever.

Vets charging massive prices for it is hardly surprising though. Even did my initial inoculations myself for some dogs as well when I could get the injections from the US.
That booster probably cost about £2

Wouldn’t know , never had a dog have booster , ever.

Vets charging massive prices for it is hardly surprising though. Even did my initial inoculations myself for some dogs as well when I could get the injections from the US.
That booster probably cost about £2
I agree, but unfortunately to put my dog in kennels even for a single day they require proof of an annual booster🤦🏻‍♂️

Never had boosters either , just a money making scheme for greedy vets.
Once a dog is vaccinated that's it job done 👍
My thoughts exactly. Sadly we have to use a kennel occasionally so ours have to have a yearly booster or else they won't take them..
My advice is to stick to Lepto 2, our old vet whom we no longer use, advised a few years back a 'new, better vaccine' Nobivac Lepto 4 for our 11yr old Weimeraner. This requires one jab and then another 4weeks later. Within a day of the 2nd jab she was seriously ill, liver function shot to bits - emergency vet and our vet bills came to £2k and two days later she had to be put to sleep. She'd been perfectly healthy and I am 100% convinced this vaccine killed her - avoid at all costs.

Just cost me £70 but that's annual booster and kennel cough vaccine up the nose.
Kennel cough vaccine seems the biggest joke. My dog wriggles about then sneezes all the vaccine out and invariably catches kennel cough when he goes in the kennels anyway🤦🏻‍♂️

£55 per dog at ours on Friday, and they each got a 10-minute health check examination from a very pretty young lady newly qualified.

We have vacs for life pay £99 up front then vacation every year free and six month check up free we don’t bother with the six month health checks

Just had quite a shock today, cost of the annual booster for my bitch, £75.50, thats almost doubled since last year

my two little darlings 🙄 are due at the end of the month that £150 smackers for 5 minutes work 🥺but like it or not there’s so much crap about now you gotta give em the best care.

£50 for my terrier this year that’s annual booster for leptospirosis and a heath check.
With the dogs we had as kids they had nothing and lived to a ripe old age, the internet puts the fear of life into people nowadays.
For the cost I figured it’s not worth the risk, bill for any cure would be way more.

Only time my ESS seen a vet was tail docking and dewclaws is now 13 and very happy and healthy although slowing down a bit don’t panic dogs are very resilient.

My thoughts exactly. Sadly we have to use a kennel occasionally so ours have to have a yearly booster or else they won't take them..
My advice is to stick to Lepto 2, our old vet whom we no longer use, advised a few years back a 'new, better vaccine' Nobivac Lepto 4 for our 11yr old Weimeraner. This requires one jab and then another 4weeks later. Within a day of the 2nd jab she was seriously ill, liver function shot to bits - emergency vet and our vet bills came to £2k and two days later she had to be put to sleep. She'd been perfectly healthy and I am 100% convinced this vaccine killed her - avoid at all costs.
Weird you say that. We had a vet recommended Lepto 4 as the new vaccine so much better protection for our St Bernard a few years ago. Few days later he got bloat overnight and had to be put to sleep as he'd been going all night whilst we had been sleeping and was past the point of let's operate.

Yes of course a deep chested dog is always at risk of bloat, but for me he was 5 and had been healthy up until this point. Occam's Razor and all would have me link the two together.

We have a German Shepherd now and will only give L2. Vaccines in Midlands near me were £65 or £28 for L2 and kennel cough. Got a bargain with the second one they had an offer on at the time.

Weird you say that. We had a vet recommended Lepto 4 as the new vaccine so much better protection for our St Bernard a few years ago. Few days later he got bloat overnight and had to be put to sleep as he'd been going all night whilst we had been sleeping and was past the point of let's operate.

Yes of course a deep chested dog is always at risk of bloat, but for me he was 5 and had been healthy up until this point. Occam's Razor and all would have me link the two together.

We have a German Shepherd now and will only give L2. Vaccines in Midlands near me were £65 or £28 for L2 and kennel cough. Got a bargain with the second one they had an offer on at the time.
Check out the net - lots of similar stories re L4 vaccines - avoid at all costs would be my advice...

Check out the net - lots of similar stories re L4 vaccines - avoid at all costs would be my advice...
@Buchan, any professional wisdom about the L2 & L4 vaccinations and unexplained (for want of a better word) deaths?
We have our three dogs boosted yearly with L4 :-|
Edit; Thanks in advance for any advice...
Atb BD.

Back