Another attempt at an intro

BruceA

I don't seem to be having any luck posting an intro, I'll try again.

From London, 50yrs with shotguns and air rifles. Just got my ticket for pest control for .22lr and 17 HMR. Also target shoot with HESA

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
People need to read site rules and the two posts at the top of the Introduction thread on the main page. Then they would not have a problem.

BruceA

Sikamalc, did I miss something? If so, let me know. I hope my intro is OK. Yes, I did read the posts about making an intro.

I tried to create an intro but it didn't seem to post. It seems I'm not the only one with a problem creating an intro: 3rd time at introduction I guess all things are simple when you know how.

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Sikamalc, did I miss something? If so, let me know. I hope my intro is OK. Yes, I did read the posts about making an intro.

I tried to create an intro but it didn't seem to post. It seems I'm not the only one with a problem creating an intro: 3rd time at introduction I guess all things are simple when you know how.
We have a large number of people joining the site. The intro rule has been in place for a good many years. All we require is a little information about your shooting history, calibres you use. Its hopefully a way of filtering out antis and those that join, just to flog something. If Admin think an intro is not up to what we require its scrapped.

You are correct in that some have tried several times to join. But then if you look, its a one line Intro, or asking to join a syndicate, or offering an item to sell, or trying to purchase something off the site. None of this is an Intro. Often its "Hi I have looked at this site and want to join" Or " I am a Gamekeeper". That tells us nothing and anyone can make this type of Introduction.

Apart from myself and John putting up a post each about an introduction and how to complete it at the top of the main forum page for Introductions, with a warning for new members. I really do not know what more to do, if people do not read and understand what is required.

Last edited:

BruceA

Sikamalc, I completely understand; the instructions seemed very clear and I read them before trying. I believe that my initial attempts included the required info and no contraventions but they still didn't seem to appear. It's probably down to me having a senior moment, unless it's a glitch. Our club forum is a nightmare as somebody reset the timeout to 2 mins so we keep getting logged off whilst making posts.

Mac73

Sikamalc, I completely understand; the instructions seemed very clear and I read them before trying. I believe that my initial attempts included the required info and no contraventions but they still didn't seem to appear. It's probably down to me having a senior moment, unless it's a glitch. Our club forum is a nightmare as somebody reset the timeout to 2 mins so we keep getting logged off whilst making posts.
Hello welcome from paisley