Antlers for sale ?

kes

Has anyone some reasonably priced Roe or Red antlers for sale - I fancy making a couple of sticks for me and friends. Happy to pay postage or collect if not too far from Cheshire.
Thanks, kES

deerstalker.308

have you been to your local pets at home recently???? they stock red antler for dog chews, lovely Y shapes and brow tines.... I also found in our local pet supplies they are stocking buffalo horn too! 4.50 for a small horn, plenty to use for caps and bolsters etc.....

wildfowler1

I have read somewhere recently that vets are having more dogs in with worn down teeth, due to them being given antlers, which are a lot harder than bones.
Can the vets on here comment please.Wf1

Ray7756

I have read somewhere recently that vets are having more dogs in with worn down teeth, due to them being given antlers, which are a lot harder than bones.
Can the vets on here comment please.Wf1
My vet recomended antler as chews for my 2 westies

SimpleSimon

My whippets have been giving this red some stick for nearly a year....teeth are nice and white!!
I've stopped giving my dog antler to chew, it occupied her for hours on end but she'd eat the lot within a day or two and it started to concern me. Not to mentionccosting a fortune from the pet shop!

stag1933

I've stopped giving my dog antler to chew, it occupied her for hours on end but she'd eat the lot within a day or two and it started to concern me. Not to mentionccosting a fortune from the pet shop!

Obviously its diet is lacking in essential nutrients.
Add bone meal to its daily food ration.
Also view ` bone-meal for dogs` on Google search.

HWH.