Any foxes shouting??

Andy seatrout

I’ve got the dog foxes yapping all over the place on my shoot…. But the full moon is making life difficult to get on terms with them….I go on foot ( small fields, bad gates, lots of hills)

Free range rob

I’m still hearing calling on most of my different ground every night, but caller doesn’t seem to interest them in the slightest now, 3 nights running I’ve heard calling nearby but no reaction to vixen mating call.

Andy seatrout

I’m still hearing calling on most of my different ground every night, but caller doesn’t seem to interest them in the slightest now, 3 nights running I’ve heard calling nearby but no reaction to vixen mating call.
Same here, the vixen call isn’t drawing them in, not sure why, had one nose up behind me ( there’s the odd one that does that ) about forty yards away…. Might go out later if we have cloud!

Andy seatrout

Lots of dogs calling, electronic call with vixen on it absolutely useless….. 90 minutes near a gorse bank and wood where I know there’s a fox ( it’s also one of best drives on my little shoot with typically 20 to 30 birds in it - if a fox hasn’t been through it).

Packed in the call had a walk about ( felt ridiculous as the moonlight was so bright you could read a newspaper) …. Sure enough saw the vixen sixty yards away, skylined…… she quartered away as I ‘made like a tree’ until she was 120 yards away and with a good safe backstop….. then I shot her in the head, didn’t even need any IR illumination.

Gunner223

I had a call a few nights ago from a farmer saying the calling was driving his dogs mad at night, so i crept around in the shadows of hedges and trees, no calling,
2 hrs later , 2 vixens + 2 dogs were asleep , I'm finding creeping around is better than any caller at the moment.

Free range rob

I went out early and could hear calling, tried the vixen mating call and didn’t get a thing stayed out for a couple hours and was fed up with the moonlight illuminating everything so went home, fed and watered decided to have a look out at mine, no calling happening so I stuck caller on the fence and played the mouse squeak, in less than 5 minutes I had a dog fox at 80 yards so nailed that, tried to have a walk around but was so frosty it was like walking on broken glass so called it a night at midnight, always another time.