Any info about optics-world.nl?

neo

Hi everyone,

I am about buying a Pulsar Trail XP50. One member of this forum talked about this webpage and I saw that they have it almost 1000 euros cheaper than the other online shops I know. On one hand, that is great. On the other hand, that smells fishy (too good to be true?). I was wondering if someone around here could give me some information about it, if it is a professional, reputable and serious shop, or if you have had any good (or bad) experiences with it.

Any comments and suggestions will be appreciate it ;)

Thank you.

Bandit Country

I looked at them a while back. Although the site offered a cc payment option it wouldn't work. Email correspondence revealed they'd only do PayPal. A trawl around the web unearthed a number of unhappy bunnies and I wasn't reassured by the replies I received to various queries, so went elsewhere. I guess it's about your own comfort threshold, really ... risk vs reward etc?

neo

Thank you very much for your opinions and the information. I will have to think it through...

Erik Hamburger

I just checked and forwarded the info to a Dutch friend in the UK who wants to buy a Thermal.
It looks a perfectly legitimate registered Dutch company.
Now the GBP has firmed up a bit, since the announcement of an election, prices in Euro's are a bit more attractive again.
Pay by Credit Card online and you are fully protected.

neo

I just checked and forwarded the info to a Dutch friend in the UK who wants to buy a Thermal.
It looks a perfectly legitimate registered Dutch company.
Now the GBP has firmed up a bit, since the announcement of an election, prices in Euro's are a bit more attractive again.
Pay by Credit Card online and you are fully protected.
Thank you very much for your reply Erik, I will take it into account ;)

neo

Well, I am going to tell my experience briefly, just in case there is anyone thinking about buying something from this page: DO NOT DO IT! No matter what. I made a terrible mistake (I wish I had done more research). They told me they had the Pulsar Trail XP in stock and offered a really good price (no VAT if I bought it as a company). Told me they would send it to me in two weeks maximum (sooner for sure they said). I transfered them 4000 euros. The moment I did, it was hell: no answers to my emails or answers which made no sense, replying things I hadn't asked. After one month I didn't know anything about the scope or my money. When I said that that wasn't professional, that I wanted my money back, first no answer and later that fine but they would keep 5% because...they are worth it? nobody said anything about that 5% before. I googled reviews about this shop and found their facebook page where I could read that the same was happening to many people. I was scared, thought I wasn't going to get my money back. I contacted a few of those people and they gave me the name of a lawyer in The Netherlands and told me to write a bad review, so I did. To my surprise 5 minutes later Thomas (the boss I think), emailed me and phoned me, asking me to remove my bad review. He sent me my money back that same day. Never again.

The Singing Stalker

Please note if you buy one of these products abroad and it breaks then you may have to post it abroad to get it fixed, thus negating any savings and thermals are known to have a higher failure rate than, a scope for example.

Exiled

Unfortunately I have also had a similar experience. I have ordered a Trijicon VCOG for over 3000euros 3 months ago and have still not received it. Thomas is claiming he is waiting for customs clearance but I suspect the VCOG was never in stock as he claimed on the website. I am now looking at legal options. Cloud you please elt me know the name of the Dutch legal firm are using?

neo

Unfortunately I have also had a similar experience. I have ordered a Trijicon VCOG for over 3000euros 3 months ago and have still not received it. Thomas is claiming he is waiting for customs clearance but I suspect the VCOG was never in stock as he claimed on the website. I am now looking at legal options. Cloud you please elt me know the name of the Dutch legal firm are using?
I'm sorry to hear that. More people have contacted me regarding the same issue. Unfortunatedly, I'm travelling at the moment and don't have that information with me. Nevertheless, you can start by wrinting a bad review on both their facebook page and google reviews (it looks pretty effective), explaining your problem and asking them for your money back, because it's almost certain they don't have the product. If you don't get it back tell me and I'd look the information for you as soon as I can.

Exiled

Great thanks neo, I have just posted on their FB page as you suggested. You were right he responded to that pretty quickly :) Unfortunately Thomas wrote back to me claiming blackmail and to contact his lawyer if I want my money back! It looks like the legal option is the only way.

''We see your action on Facebook, if you like it that way we agree.

You can contact our laywer.

Met vriendelijke groet, Kind regards, Mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Thomas van Veghel''

Last edited:

neo

Great thanks neo, I have just posted on their FB page as you suggested. You were right he responded to that pretty quickly :) Unfortunately Thomas wrote back to me claiming blackmail and to contact his lawyer if I want my money back! It looks like the legal option is the only way.

''We see your action on Facebook, if you like it that way we agree.

You can contact our laywer.

Met vriendelijke groet, Kind regards, Mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Thomas van Veghel''
You have a private message.

Exiled

Great news, I had my money refunded over the weekend. It seams mentioning the lawyer had the desired effect.

A big thank you to Neo for his advice and help :)

iw5blb

[FONT=&quot]Hello everyone,
I would like to say mine, on 1 October 2016 I requested and paid optics-world.nl the amount of 2175 euros for the purchase of a range finder Gunwerks G7 BR2, at today I have not got NOTHING, nor the money back nor the range finder.
It 's been 15 months in which the promises, excuses and requests for documentation for the export by Thomas have been wasted ... [/FONT]

I wanted to ascertain the reliability of the company and then I contacted directly the Gunwerks in the United States, the answer was that they did not know who it was...

[FONT=&quot]Considering this experience... I cannot recommend it.[/FONT]

Rider

Same here. I had ordered a Leupold VX-6 scope from them. After weeks and weeks of waiting I emailed them and got meaningless replies asking me for my VAT registration number. What nonsense. I told them I was a private person and that I had already paid the price including VAT. Long story short, I got my money back after about six months. But only because a friend of mine, who lives near the shop in NL, paid the guy a couple of visits ...

DON'T BUY THERE!!!!

apexi

Hello colleagues,

had the same experience of buying in this Optics-world.nl e-shop, and receiving nothing only illogical replies from the e-shop support. Later on they didn't even bother to reply to my questions if the item has been shipped. Well all in all - it's a fraudulent but legal shop (they have existing and active VAT number and company in NL), which takes money and does nothing until you threaten with lawyers and write negative feedback on their Facebook wall.
That's what I did and it helped - user Neo gave me the name of lawyers who already had experience with this e-shop, plus I wrote negative feedback on their FB wall. Then they started emailing me, and after a week I they agreed to refund the money. That's my story, BEWARE AND DON'T BUY FROM THEM. THANKS.

Freeforester

Why do so many think that a "too good to be true bargain" is a smart deal? Caveat emptor, always, and consider the old advice about when you pay a little over the odds from a reputable vendor, all you lose is a relatively small amount, and that to one who is most likely willing to offer you good customer- and after-sales service, the extra paid - which is soon forgotten in any event is usually a small figure, but helps to keep the local shop open, whereas when you lay yourself open to the charms of the snake-oil merchants (which are always able to work away for a time, especially now the www gives their "bargains" global exposure) then you are always in danger of such misfortunes as aforementioned. Little wonder these types of scammers can continue to trade if not flourish, meantime the genuine, local traders with overheads to meet are driven to the wall in no small part by 'window-shopping web-bargain hunters' who try out the goods and then seek out the cheapest outlet online; as ye sow, so shall ye reap!

To quote Ruskin:
[h=1]“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When
you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay
too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you
bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The
common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a
lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well
to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will
have enough to pay for something better.” (Or to someone with more bona fides)[/h]
Rant over, and good luck with saving that fiver!

Last edited:

WONTOLA

Hi, I had the same bad experience... i've bought on-line a PULSAR CORE, optics-world.nl ask me to pay by wire because of the amount (3500€). It was january 17 2018. After one week, the status of my order was still "pending". I asked a few times if they received my money (paid directly). The famous Thomas replied that they received my money but didn't give me accurate informations about the shipping... After several mails, Thomas told me that the delay is not garantueed so i wanted to cancel my order... on february 4th 2018, Thomas told me that they normally receive the product in a few days and that he keeps me informed... we are february 20th and no news, order still pending... BE CAREFULL (more than me) AND DON'T BUY FROM OPTICS-WORLD.NL !!!

johngryphon

Those scopes are only 1900 Euro in the states btw.

[FONT=&quot][h=1]Trijicon VCOG 1-6x24 Riflescope Ballistic Reticle[/h]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4.9 out of 5 stars 38 customer reviews
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]| 25 answered questions[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[HR][/HR][FONT=&quot]
Price:[COLOR=#B12704 !important]$2,343.09
& FREE Shipping

[/FONT][/COLOR]