Any reviews of Vortex Viper HD 10x42 Binos

Bert/Ernie

Thinking about buying a set of Vortex Viper HD 10x42 Binos does anyone have a pair, or have any feedback about them?
Vortex scopes are pretty decent so thinking they should be worth the money

shinbo

Just bought a pair from Monarch £208 including glasspak harness, can’t fault them, not sure if there’s anything better for the price 👍

shinbo

Sorry didn’t read the post correctly 🙄I bought the diamond back but like I said I can’t fault them for the price 👍

neillfrbs

vipers are great binos ,have had a pair for a good 2 years ,lovely and clear and great in low light .dropped them in a stream last winter fished them out ,the next week was out and it was really cold snowing .had condensation in side lens .one phone call and a new pair out to me with in 4 day .great warranty.

Haggis Hunter

Have been using some 8x42 Vipers for a while now. Good all round bins and great warranty back up. For the money the Diamondbacks may well be worth a go. Depends if you need to squeeze the last minutes of daylight out of them (and the scope) or whether ‘normal’ use will suffice. I’ve been looking a a set of wee Diamondbacks 8x32 for everyday use, more compact and lighter. All round great bins (and scopes), for the money.
Have generally preferred 8x bins over 10x, simply due to being easier to hold still and focused (even on the hill after reds). That could be down to me right enough.
hh

Bert/Ernie

Thanks for your help, always good to hear other folks view since they’ll be using them for the same purpose

sy247

I've been using Vortex Viper 8x42 HD for about 5 years. I think they are excellent. Swaro, Leica, Zeiss are better but for the amount I stalk I am very happy with them and you can't beat the warranty.

Powler

I just got a pair of the diamond backs and for the money I can't go wrong especially with the warranty, £200 well spent. Did look at the vipers but for want I want went with Diamonds and they suit my need fine.

Big Si

As already said you can’t go wrong for the money with Vortex stuff, and the warranty is second to none, I have a pair of Viper binos that I used for stalking now bought a pair of Fury AB range finding ones for foxing and stalking, havnt had a proper chance to try them out yet but all good so far