Anybody tried a Browning Buckmark 22LR Rifle Carbine?

lambic

Has anybody ever fired one of these little carbines?

They look like they could a great deal of fun.....or perhaps just a waste of money and a slot on FAC.

Cheers

I have been scouting down a second hand model for several years. Nobody wants to sell them and probably for a good reason. They are very accurate and reliable. I wanted one from the first time I shot one.~Muir

A friend has one, which he bought because he likes his Buckmark pistol so much. I have shot it. It is handy and accurate.

Thanks Muir and Southern . I know you guys are rimfire fans, so it must be decent if you rate it. It looks a fun gun to use, and would complement an Anschutz 1416 nicely.

The gun I have my eye on has a carbon barrel and a weaver rail. But no iron sights. Therefore I would like some advice on the best sights.

I read that to properly clean the action, you need to remove the weaver rail first to get access. This could cause zeroing issues perhaps after each clean, I think?

Is there a particular sighting system that would cope better with this repeated removal than a scope? I am thinking red dot sight with low magnification, but to be honest I have zero knowledge about them. Is there anything else?

Cheers

They are great little guns, but pistol, not bolt action. accuracy, so headshots on rabbits at 80-100yards with subsonics is too much of a stretch, but out to 60 yards or plinking, no problem. Mine didn't like subs either - only cci mini mags, so I sold it and found a Sako P94S Finnfire for what I wanted t do.

There is a guy on here that has one, it is lucky to group better than 6" @25 yds with ANY ammo, Browning are not forthcoming with help and it has been to a few gunsmiths to attempt to solve the problem (without success).

There is a guy on here that has one, it is lucky to group better than 6" @25 yds with ANY ammo, Browning are not forthcoming with help and it has been to a few gunsmiths to attempt to solve the problem (without success).
Not typical. I shoot 2" off hand @ 25 yards with a Buck Mark pistol.~Muir

Do not think that I mentioned that it was typical, just the fact that this particular carbine was hopelessly inaccurate with any ammo. Lemon it might be, would have been nice of Browning to man up and do something about it.

IIRC there is a member on here who's daughter shoots with one of these and does it extremely well. Hang on a while and I expect he'll be along to give you some insights.

I had a Buckmark some time ago and thought it was an accurate, fun to use rifle, not as accurate as my Anschutz 17/10 but I wouldn't expect it to be.

There are inexpensive red dot sights with small dots and variable size dots ( 1 MOA to 3 MOA ), red and green selectable, crosshairs with dot selectable, and 9 levels of brightness ( Tasco, Bushnell ), so they are even better than iron sights for hunting ranges with a .22 or .22 WMR.

You don't need to be cleaning a .22 LR much, either. A pull through will do all you need.

Had a think and still got the urge for Buckmark rifle with red dot. Was thinking about a custom semi auto, but gone for a fancy Anschutz instead, so there is room for a spray and pray plinker to complement the Anschutz.

If anybody has one they wish to move which groups well and is in excellent condition then let me know.

You don't need to be cleaning a .22 LR much, either. A pull through will do all you need.

Not so when using suppressor. Have to disassemble and clean thoroughly every 200-300 rounds or something.

Even w/o suppressor I'd still clean (remove gunk) every 1000rds or so.

Not so when using suppressor. Have to disassemble and clean thoroughly every 200-300 rounds or something.

Even w/o suppressor I'd still clean (remove gunk) every 1000rds or so.

Only time I feel the need to clean a 22lr is with a S/A (and it is only the action that gets cleaned), have not cleaned a P Hale mod since my ocd gave up in over 20 years.

Why do some of the AMTs have folding metal stock whilst others seem to have laminate stock? Was there a number of different models?

Either way, they seem hard to come by....which usually means they are half decent.

Back