Anyone ditched their rimfire for a small cal CF?

Whitebeard

I swapped my 17HMR for a 22WMR, i almost bought a 17 FB but i really needed a rifle for shooting rabbits from 15 to 150yds, anything further then that and the 22-250 would come out.
I like the convenience of a rimfire just pick up a box of ammo and off you go but i wanted more legs then a 22LR could give me and something cheaper to shoot then the HMR, with ammo costing £20-£22 a hundred the 22WMR fits the bill perfectly.

Ian.

Cottontail killer

I've got a tub of RL7 that I'm using up so I've been using that. I ended up with 22.2 grn RL7, cci primer, 1.860" OAL (to ogive, just to get them in the mag). 1/2" off the bonnet of my vit so they'll do for dropping a few rabbits. Once the RL7 has gone I will be moving to N133 which shoots great.
Cool I've got 2 1/2 kg of N133 and 500 53g vmax to find a load so all being well lol

Cottontail killer

As to the topic I got rid of my hmr a while ago and got a fireball which I love also have a hornet,223,22lr,fac air,243,308 but the swap from hmr to fireball was a real eye opener

Paul

chunk

no, but i ditched my small cf for another rimfire. thats right, i swapped a .222 rem for .17 hmr. i wasn't using the cf enough to have it, but i shoot enough rabbits to justify another rimmy.