Anyone else confused?

gixer1

Just heard a lady talking on the news about how we need to do more to help the migrants after 30 of them perished in the channel…she commented that they were there to escape conflict, oppression and danger….

Have things really got that bad in France, Germany, Spain, Italy? Didn’t realise there were wars there? 🤔

Regards,
Gixer

Pellet Pinger

Just heard a lady talking on the news about how we need to do more to help the migrants after 30 of them perished in the channel…she commented that they were there to escape conflict, oppression and danger….

Have things really got that bad in France, Germany, Spain, Italy? Didn’t realise there were wars there? 🤔

Regards,
Gixer
I did see that and started to scratch my head when she said then overwhelming reason for them coming to the UK was “safety”.
Has the lack of tourism in Europe turned it into some sort of battlefield in the last 18months, don’t recall any air strikes on the evening news??

Fadcode

When you think about it, this problem could easily be resolved with the help of the French, if they allowed us to simply return the immigrants to French soil, it would soon be realised that getting over to the UK illegally, would not be worthwhile, the French would be no worse off as the immigrants are there anyway, the only ones that would suffer is the Crooks who are making a fortune out of these poor souls, and of course the British Lawyers who are milking the Legal Aid System.

starr shot

Start rumours that the uk is not paved with gold.I can recall a French politician in an interview saying the blame lays at the UKs feet because we are to attractive for them.

jimmy milnes

On one news item the presenter made the point that many of the migrants spoke English, but not French or German.
Regards
JCS
I also heard that point too however, I feel its rather a lame duck of a reason due to the fact that most of Europe uses English as a secondary language. Also I suppose all the English tourists don't have any problem getting by in Europe every year when they go on the annual skin cancer pilgrimage an I reckon most of these don't know more than the odd word either.
Cheers Jimmy

john_little

When you think about it, this problem could easily be resolved with the help of the French, if they allowed us to simply return the immigrants to French soil, it would soon be realised that getting over to the UK illegally, would not be worthwhile, the French would be no worse off as the immigrants are there anyway, the only ones that would suffer is the Crooks who are making a fortune out of these poor souls, and of course the British Lawyers who are milking the Legal Aid System.
It’s becoming obvious that the French authorities don’t want to stop the exodus of’migrants’ from French soil.
With surveillance as it is these days the manufacturers and purchases of boats should surely be easy to trace, I’m surprised the journalists have not found them.
Where do all the ‘migrants’ get the money to pay the people smugglers?
How is it that they often are seen with smartphones that have a signal all across Europe?
I’d have thought all the boats now in storage in Dover could be traced by UK authorities with the assistance of member states of the EU.

It would seem it is being allowed to happen.

I don’t think the problems of migration will be solved until the countries they are fleeing are dealt with, and the western world seems to have cøcked that up at every attempt!

gixer1

Brexit again, under the terms of the Dublin agreement you could have legally sent them back to France, but not now.
I don’t think brexit can be cleaned for this…if the liberal lefties would wake up we could send them back..,or not allow them to enter based on method of entry. We also need to apply the existing laws, that is that they left a location - france- that was not a danger to them. Although now they are saying the camps are unsafe due to rape, theft and beatings….how surprising that crime has followed the group eh? 🙄

Regards,
Gixer

dunwater

I don’t think brexit can be cleaned for this…if the liberal lefties would wake up we could send them back..,or not allow them to enter based on method of entry. We also need to apply the existing laws, that is that they left a location - france- that was not a danger to them. Although now they are saying the camps are unsafe due to rape, theft and beatings….how surprising that crime has followed the group eh? 🙄

Regards,
Gixer
Under the terms of the Dublin agreement you had a legal right to send them back, no discussion or arguments, but you dropped out of it with Brexit.
I bet most of you didn’t see that one coming, least of all Boris.

enfieldspares

No compulsory carrying of ID cards.
It's a red herring. The police and the Uk Border Force already have powers to detain any person that they think is here unlawfully. And as those that are here lawfully will have been fingerprinted when they apply for residency UK Border Force are able at that very moment to check a person's lawful status by using a fingerprint reader.

gixer1

Under the terms of the Dublin agreement you had a legal right to send them back, no discussion or arguments, but you dropped out of it with Brexit.
I bet most of you didn’t see that one coming, least of all Boris.
I think brexit is used as an easy scapegoat for far too many things…did the illegal immigrants just start after brexit? Absolutely not, it’s been a problem since the 1960’s….before that any unknowns trying to enter via the coast received a front end view of a Lee Enfield….