Anyone else out foxing ?

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!

wabbit warren

Thats it Irish stalker rub it in
Ive got a lovely high seat which i need to put a roof and sides on this summer
Until then im open to the elements

Attachments

• iphone 1692020 021.jpg
    iphone 1692020 021.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 30

wabbit warren

i went last Wednesday got 1 really small vixen
just weighing up weather to go this evening i got some pigeon carcases to get rid of so thought i might put some bait piles out and see what happens
ive got one fox at the moment thats not playing ball ive seen it twice now taking the same path at the same time and wont respond to the call. i might have to sit in wait for him my iphone pics.jpg

norma 308

Took mates young fella out for his first outing Tonight and managed a dog 🦊 it came to cub distress which grabbed firstly an adult hares attention that ran off as the fox approached that distress does actually sound very hare like and we have a few about at the moment.pleased he got to see some action and home to bed for him by 9.30 pm 😜🦊

Attachments

• F72A4C38-1425-4632-89D8-BE22204348FC.jpeg
    F72A4C38-1425-4632-89D8-BE22204348FC.jpeg
    799.7 KB · Views: 35

Ade8mm

Oops . That's the second one today posting more pictures than intended.
Be careful posting or better still get your mates young fella to do it for you. 😁

Triggermortis

So, we all gain experience and with that a better success rate generally speaking, how much do we recon is down to good old fashion luck?
I recon with good planing you can definitely improve your chances but surely luck must be the one thing we can’t control but could all benefit from ?

Ade8mm

1614031169179.jpeg
The only one I have had this year. Only been out the once. We had some early lambs (January) and she was bobbing about near the buildings. Grabbed the .243 and caught up with her in the next field. Wouldn't come in to the squeak but it kept her interested long enough go get into a safe (backstop) position to take the shot.
58grn V Max.

hunter243

So, we all gain experience and with that a better success rate generally speaking, how much do we recon is down to good old fashion luck?
I recon with good planing you can definitely improve your chances but surely luck must be the one thing we can’t control but could all benefit from ?
I believe that's true, we all know that time spent on the ground, learning their habits, routes etc increases our success rate, and it's very satisfying when it all comes together and pays off, but personally I can't remember how many times I've just been in the right place at the right time.

Foxyboy43

Having retired I decided some years ago that all this late night/early morning stuff was not for me anymore. Since then I pretty much have done only daylight calling and oddly enough found late dinnertime (13:30/14:00) the most productive. It is also very satisfying to tuck in 150 yds away from a likely spot and see a fox emerge into full daylight for a shot. If you are well tucked in and get the all-important wind direction right you will be surprised just how close they come and in full daylight it is pretty exciting shooting. I have shot them at distance and on occasion at 10ft or so, once on video - if I could only figure out how to post it! Great way to get them and at much more sociable hours too!
🦊🦊
09BE5A74-B251-4187-97F7-D4197C490B2E.jpeg 2DC02D20-9BC2-4357-BE29-E589EFF3DECE.jpeg 744D36B9-6C2D-49C3-AEBF-60434EE1B782.jpeg

Foxyboy43

Just in case anyone wonders why I am awake so early - well, today is recycling day and everyone conscientiously puts out their 3 ( yes 3) boxes the night before as usual, except tonite we have a well-forecasted gale of 60mph+ and for about the last two hours or so the road has been doing a very good impression of a bowling alley. Surprisingly the noisiest items are the boxes themselves no doubt aided by their bass speaker-like qualities; the assorted bottles provide an excellent though slightly inconsistent soprano section and the tin cans are the altos as they too bounce, almost in rhythm, merrily down the tarmacadam to join together in the crescendo that no doubt comes when they hit the wall of the house at the far end at the well-sodding forecasted 69 mph. What fun!!
The morn will reveal a very impressive collage along the garden wall of that lucky house; it will also give all my neighbours the chance to engage in a bemasked (and bedecked in various night attire - some rather slinky, but enough of that strange chap in No. 13, always thought he was a rum one!) socially distanced scrum to reclaim their sundry boxes/lids - at least those that are not still in orbit, and hopefully gather their various bits of detritus - except of course the many wine/ whisky bottles which simply just couldn’t be theirs darling. For clarity, I should point one that none of these latter items belong to me because I alone, tucked my bottleless boxes (ahem!) in the lee of the gateposts (which they all have) out of the sodding wind as a neighbourly consideration.
Just thought I would share that with you! I wonder if there are any foxes about...........
🦊🦊

Ludders

Out last night and shot a dog fox, that’s the 5th fox this year. 2 dogs and 3 vixens so far. I’m loving the new trail 2, they just don’t know your there with thermal.

Attachments

• 502DEA17-061C-40B4-85CD-4CF2AB4B55BC.jpeg
    502DEA17-061C-40B4-85CD-4CF2AB4B55BC.jpeg
    422.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 8546EAC1-6446-4BB4-85AB-5637FCCF4D0A.jpeg
    8546EAC1-6446-4BB4-85AB-5637FCCF4D0A.jpeg
    589.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2FE241CC-9173-488E-9605-45F29F6359E3.jpeg
    2FE241CC-9173-488E-9605-45F29F6359E3.jpeg
    675.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 29E8D872-709C-4948-84E9-B1DEC98E5586.jpeg
    29E8D872-709C-4948-84E9-B1DEC98E5586.jpeg
    607.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 4C15A61C-B4F1-46FC-9699-ED0F9DDE51A1.jpeg
    4C15A61C-B4F1-46FC-9699-ED0F9DDE51A1.jpeg
    644.6 KB · Views: 6

DVS1

Been out during the short cold snap we had and mopped up 14 on one of the small holdings to help the owner with their chickens/ducks. Discovered one of the blighters was wearing kevlar as a good solid strike he shrugged off with a run 🤷🏻‍♂️ silly boy stopped for a second look 😊 he didn't run no more!

The weather idiots have ballsed up totally on at least 2 occasions...firstly a 13% chance of some rain = a Noah style down pour! Secondly no mention of mist, fog, or low cloud so evidently foxes have taken to using smoke grenades for cover!

What was interesting to watch was how they use the mist/fog and hunt on its edge to help conceal them but just too thick in the fog to see a good sight picture!

wabbit warren

just heard from my landowner/permission
between 2 of us who shoot the three farms that make the shoot up
we have now shot 46 foxes this year
i can only take credit for 16 of them but its still a lot of foxes from three small farms

foxhunter

just heard from my landowner/permission
between 2 of us who shoot the three farms that make the shoot up
we have now shot 46 foxes this year
i can only take credit for 16 of them but its still a lot of foxes from three small farms
It never ceases to amaze me the fox density down South , complete opposite up North. I cant find a fox at the minute and that's over a lot more than 3 farms. Only shot 43 in the whole of last year.

PSE Composites Limited