Anyone for a new Defender ?

riddick

nope, don't like that either.
just another example of letting designers of computer games loose with vehicle design.

Motul1974

Give it 6 to 12 months and I bet you'll see much cheaper specs arriving. Manufacturers always start with the BIG money models, as that's where the money is,l and following them up with the entry specs.

You only need to see a success the Defender was in its last 2 years of production, much of that being the 'posh' specs they introduced towards the end. Given their success and that of customising market makes total sense for LR to concentrate of the speccy models first. Remember, they did 'promise' the new model was going to appeal around the world and different markets......so watch this space.

.....I still wouldn't be able to afford a cheap on though! :-/

243varmint

Ugliest thing I’ve seen for a while...

Is it as unreliable as it’s ugly? Would be a double with both darts moment for LR! Lol!

Yes, it will sell to the womenfolk and gaysters for sure.

Farmers isn’t a big deal anyway, once BOJO f88ks the Brexit deal and subsidies are cut off, farming in the UK will be a think of the past
Wow.
Nice sweeping statement from the 18th century.
Womenfolk and gaysters.
FFS

Kjf

Any one for a new defender ?????

Well if your buying me one , hell yes

And I'll part ex it for one off the above lol

Kjf

Bavarianbrit

Just spotted this on the BBC news website

Let’s hope they make a better model to supersede the past.
Ed
Key parts for the Ineos vehicle - including the body and chassis - will be built at a second factory in Portugal before being brought to Bridgend for assembly. (that will be their undoing as it never has worked out for anyone else except for Rolls Royce, transport costs high and importing from the EU taxes)
BMW will supply the engines, and engineering assistance will be provided by another German company, MBTech. (MB is a very good contract engineering firm, so the 4x4 might be half good off road).

Bavarianbrit

Try this for £10-13K plus postage from India, or drive it back to UK yourself (RHD).
As sold in India. Looks to be based on the old G MB platform I was a body designer on the G so looks good to me 4x coils 2x locking diffs Mercedes engine. How cam merc justify £100K using similar amount of material?

riddick

Try this for £10-13K plus postage from India, or drive it back to UK yourself (RHD).
As sold in India. Looks to be based on the old G MB platform I was a body designer on the G so looks good to me 4x coils 2x locking diffs Mercedes engine. How cam merc justify £100K using similar amount of material?
hardly worth the effort of a body designer for what amounts to a box on wheels much the same as all the other boxes on wheels, still kept you off the streets eh. :rofl:
looks like a 4 year olds drawing of a vehicle.

Lever357

The front end looks bloated but when you look at from the rear you can see its very narrow so cant imagine it having much room inside. Kinda looks like a jazzed up Discovery 3.

Land Rover are really not concerned one iota with "replacing" the Defender - this is merely a vehicle bearing the name Defender - it will in no way shape or form act like its predecessor: utilities and farmers are using double cab pick ups now and the military very proberly are going to use the Mercedes G Wagen. Again, Land Rover were not bothered about loosing the military contract - apparently they had already sold them nearly a billion pouns worth of spares!!

riddick

The front end looks bloated but when you look at from the rear you can see its very narrow so cant imagine it having much room inside. Kinda looks like a jazzed up Discovery 3.

Land Rover are really not concerned one iota with "replacing" the Defender - this is merely a vehicle bearing the name Defender - it will in no way shape or form act like its predecessor: utilities and farmers are using double cab pick ups now and the military very proberly are going to use the Mercedes G Wagen. Again, Land Rover were not bothered about loosing the military contract - apparently they had already sold them nearly a billion pounds worth of spares!!
"ought to last a few weeks then". :rofl: