Anyone have a Vorn Lynx near Herefordshire?

Jvoelcker

Afternoon All,

I am considering getting a Vorn Lynx back pack, but want to check that my rifle setup will fit so was wondering if there is anyone around Herefordshire who would let me try it?

Thanks

NickJ

I haven't seen a set up that doesn't fit yet, most remove the sling simply as it sometimes catches. I'd say send some photos to Glenn @Malmo Guns order one and, if it doesn't work send it back.

Jvoelcker

I have a Drone Pro which is bigger than most and will want to use a IR torch on top of that which makes it questionable.

I had thought of buying to try, but was wanting to avoid messing a seller around.

PerdixUK

I have a Drone Pro which is bigger than most and will want to use a IR torch on top of that which makes it questionable.

I had thought of buying to try, but was wanting to avoid messing a seller around.
As a fellow Drone user and also the owner of a Vorn Lynx I'd say your intended use isn't compatible, you can fit a lot of high mounted optics on the Vorn but including a top-mounted IR unfortunately won't fit.
My suggestion would be to use a Niggeloh Ruck-Sling to split the weight of the rifle over both shoulders instead, this is what I use and find it works well.

Jvoelcker

As a fellow Drone user and also the owner of a Vorn Lynx I'd say your intended use isn't compatible, you can fit a lot of high mounted optics on the Vorn but including a top-mounted IR unfortunately won't fit.
My suggestion would be to use a Niggeloh Ruck-Sling to split the weight of the rifle over both shoulders instead, this is what I use and find it works well.
I got the impression from someone that it might just fit.

I have decent slings, the Vorn appealed to me due to the storage for all the crap I end up having to take around with me.

Attachments

• PXL_20210809_173255893.jpg
    PXL_20210809_173255893.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 13

Smelly Yeti

I haven't seen a set up that doesn't fit yet, most remove the sling simply as it sometimes catches. I'd say send some photos to Glenn @Malmo Guns order one and, if it doesn't work send it back.
I don’t think it would be suitable? Have a Lynx & it’s rubbish/unusable with my night set-up (Hawke Sidewinder SF + Pard - it’s added width of the turrets that cause the issue) & it was also less than ideal when I was using my Photon XT + IR. I do like it for my stalking rifle (Tikka T3 with Zeiss) but definitely not compatible with with everything in my experience?

PerdixUK

I don’t think it would be suitable? Have a Lynx & it’s rubbish/unusable with my night set-up (Hawke Sidewinder SF + Pard - it’s added width of the turrets that cause the issue) & it was also less than ideal when I was using my Photon XT + IR. I do like it for my stalking rifle (Tikka T3 with Zeiss) but definitely not compatible with with everything in my experience?
Same, I couldn't use it with a night setup but it is very comfy with a stalking rifle.

NickJ

Right, didn't know that, not sure it's ideal for 'night foxing.'

I use mine for hill stalking where it's great for carrying flask/piece/first aid kit/waterproofs/drag and not lowland stalking where I carry quad sticks and (often) a roesack.

Jvoelcker

Right, didn't know that, not sure it's ideal for 'night foxing.'
I want to use it for all sorts of daytime/night time shooting, but the key is that it can accommodate NV with an IR, I know it can do the rest.

I have seen a video from a user with NV and an IR saying it can fit, but wanted to check myself.

PerdixUK

I want to use it for all sorts of daytime/night time shooting, but the key is that it can accommodate NV with an IR, I know it can do the rest.

I have seen a video from a user with NV and an IR saying it can fit, but wanted to check myself.
He's not wrong it does fit, but barely. I've just tried putting my HMR with Drone and IR fitted in my Lynx and while yes it does fit, the rifle sticks out so much that you can't get the lower latch across, the butt pad to sit correctly or the protective flange to secure the rifle. Below are some images to better understand what I mean.
20210810_100839.jpg 20210810_100847.jpg 20210810_100902.jpg

Compare this to my .223 with a day scope and you can see what I mean.
20210810_101108.jpg 20210810_101058.jpg

The bag isn't designed for night optics with IR so if that's your intended use then you'll have to accept some limitations as shown here.

NickJ

Yes, sorry, I should have said 'stalking set up' - my fox shooting is mainly from a vehicle!

Jvoelcker

He's not wrong it does fit, but barely. I've just tried putting my HMR with Drone and IR fitted in my Lynx and while yes it does fit, the rifle sticks out so much that you can't get the lower latch across, the butt pad to sit correctly or the protective flange to secure the rifle. Below are some images to better understand what I mean.
View attachment 216790 View attachment 216791 View attachment 216792

Compare this to my .223 with a day scope and you can see what I mean.
View attachment 216794 View attachment 216795

The bag isn't designed for night optics with IR so if that's your intended use then you'll have to accept some limitations as shown here.
Thank you for that. I have a similar HMR so can make comparisons. Out of interest what IR are you running to give me an idea of sizes?

Also, would it work any better with the IR on the side?

NickJ

I walk and stalk everything because I end up seeing far more that way.
I'm not knocking it and have done that on smaller bits of ground and indeed it's very effective but the guy I help has tens of thousands of acres to cover so it's a Toyota roof top.

PerdixUK

My IR is a NightSabre Wraith in a Wicked Lights mount which is slightly larger than yours judging by your image. No chance of a side mount, the back of the bags are very rigid to give the rifles in them some protection.