Anyone see it ... ?

Mossypaw

11 O’clock last night, sat outside having a smoke when the dog suddenly turned to look up. There was what I would call a comet crossing the sky at a low angle heading NW. Very bright, long tail with sparks breaking off the tail. Slower than a shooting star and way bigger. Space junk ?
Anyone else see it.
(No, it wasn’t that kind of smoke, just Golden Virginia )

Foxyboy43

11 O’clock last night, sat outside having a smoke when the dog suddenly turned to look up. There was what I would call a comet crossing the sky at a low angle heading NW. Very bright, long tail with sparks breaking off the tail. Slower than a shooting star and way bigger. Space junk ?
Anyone else see it.
Sadly not, after two 4am starts I was abed a good two hours before. Nice experience though.
🦊🦊

Woodsmoke

Must've been too far west for us in Angus. It was a beautifully-clear night last night, too. The rain finally lifted and we had a really warm afternoon. Hopefully a sign of better weather!

mr baddoo

Yip, me. Passed over south Ayrshire at 22:58. Wife googled it, apparently it was a fireball meteor.

camodog

Not just me then.
Nope, it wasn't ! After it fell below the horizon I was half expecting a shock wave !

Foxyboy43

Anyone else see it.
Sadly not, after two 4am starts I was abed a good two hours before. Nice experience though.