Anyone shoot (West) Yorkshire or nearby?

wildfowler.250

Hi guys, so moving down to Halifax from the highlands,(slight change of scenery..) for the next year. Looking at places like rifle clubs to get me started initially. I noticed there’s a club in Huddersfield? Is anyone a member? Or anywhere within a reasonable driving distance that’s worth a look?

Thanks!

ASHCROFT9491

What type of range facility were you after?

Fullbore/indoor pistol calibre/distances / times of use?

I'm in Wakefield so not far, Diggle is great up to 1000yds but limited to when you can shoot if not as part of a competition

Elland has an indoor 25 yard pistol calibre range

Mirfield has a club the Yorkshire shooting centre, with a 100yd full bore range and indoor 25yd pistol calibre range

wildfowler.250

Cheers guys, really appreciate all the replies and any club would be worth considering!

Currently doing some load development with the rifles,(.270/.22-250) so that would be my main use + target practice but also have .22 ect.

Clays as well would be something I’d consider. Just a good way to meet folk as well

Thanks!

Outback

+1 on Diggle they have all the disciplines and a full 12 month calendar , I shoot F class there and pick the distances I want to shoot , there is week day ranges also .
Check out the online calendar and you can shoot for a fiver as a visitor on F days , the weather can be very Highlandish but that's not a problem .

Broadarrow

Cheers guys, really appreciate all the replies and any club would be worth considering!

Currently doing some load development with the rifles,(.270/.22-250) so that would be my main use + target practice but also have .22 ect.

Clays as well would be something I’d consider. Just a good way to meet folk as well

Thanks!
clay ground on Otley Chevin ....turn up and pay etc - no membership required.

wildfowler.250

Perfect, many thanks! I’ll have a look at all the names suggested. Diggle certainly seems popular and I hadn’t heard of it before so that was very helpful.

Excuse my ignorance but what is F days?

Have a good weekend folks!

Dalua

Excuse my ignorance but what is F days?
F-Class target shooting. It started out as a dispensation for proper off-the-elbows, aperture-sighted target-rifle shooters who by reason of age and infirmity could continue shooting only if permitted to use a 'scope and bipod. Now, it's more like benchrest for shooters who have to lie down because they can no longer manage to sit on a chair and lean on a table for a whole match.

Seriously, though:
F Class Shooting
GB F CLASS ASSOCIATION

Last edited:

Dalua

F days are more like Saga days out for Guy's .
Not at all, I'd say - plenty of folk across the usual age-range of target-shooters.
I was being flippant: most of them could manage actually to hold a rifle without a rear-bag and bipod is they wanted to!
:)

Scapegoat

Hi, Manchester Shooting School open for clays Weds to Sundays. Great setup for novices. Give me a shout I’ll gladly nip across with you. Only half an hour from Junct 23.

Cheers for all the help guys. Plenty to get me started by the sounds of it

You are moving to Halifax from the Highlands? o_O

If it's work I hope it pays well and if it's for love I hope she is gorgeous :) ;).

It’s not for work but I may have been better off downloading a dating app and staying up north :lol:

Hi, Manchester Shooting School open for clays Weds to Sundays. Great setup for novices. Give me a shout I’ll gladly nip across with you. Only half an hour from Junct 23.
Very kind, thank you!