anyone tried 270wsm with barnes ttsx

pnut123

anyone tried 130gr barnes ttsx with viht n165,

newish to reloading and struggling to find any data with n165

@pnut123 I don't have any specific 270WSM experience to help you but I would start with the Barnes recommended OAL and the Vihtavuori 140gr data for N165. You should be able to go a bit higher with powder charges for the 130gr, depending on what velocity you're seeing and signs of excess pressure. The Barnes data will give you a rough idea of velocities achievable (their data is for 24" barrel though). I would start low and work up in 1gr increments.

This approach works well for me when I don't have specific Viht data for Barnes bullets.

Always start low and work up carefully. A chronograph is very useful.

1625750235598.png

1625750316100.png

@pnut123 I don't have any specific 270WSM experience to help you but I would start with the Barnes recommended OAL and the Vihtavuori 140gr data for N165. You should be able to go a bit higher with powder charges for the 130gr, depending on what velocity you're seeing and signs of excess pressure. The Barnes data will give you a rough idea of velocities achievable (their data is for 24" barrel though). I would start low and work up in 1gr increments.

This approach works well for me when I don't have specific Viht data for Barnes bullets.

Always start low and work up carefully. A chronograph is very useful.

View attachment 212948

View attachment 212949

thanks will hopefully get a few test loads sorted tomorrow

Back