Anyone use vintage or military rifles for stalking

You got me thinking - I could get hrh to apply for deer with either of them (in the midst of getting her own deer rifle - 25-06) and then I could go for a “ shared fac” - wonder would that work? Hmmmmmm.
🦊🦊
No need to make it complicated. You obviously have ‘primary good reason’ for owning them,’just a matter of getting deer stalking added onto your FAC.

My rifles are a

Mannlicher Schoenauer GK Stutzen in 7x57 Mauser built sometime in the late 1960ies i believe.

And

A Schultz&Larsen post ww2 build on a Mauser K98 action in 6x57 Mauser

Forgive my ignorance but is that the same as 6mm Remmington or is it different?

Out of all the military based rifles , a Husky built on a 98 action would probably be the best bet . Inexpensive in your part of the world , they sell for a lot more here , built on , arguably , one of the most reliable bolt actions ever designed and , if in decent shape , are more than accurate enough for most hunting conditions . They're also already set up for scope mounting , that can be a bit difficult with issue military rifles . Food for thought .

AB
Mine is a 9.3x57. Superb. Regulated for 286 grain bullets.
1616264958689.png

1616265535544.png

100 yards, open sights. 286 grain PPU. Six o'clock hold~Muir

(My rifle is not set up for scope)

And the old kynoch stuff looks rough but it kills things. It's got the opening butt plate for extra rounds and rods and also there is a place for spare firing pin which opens in bottom of pistol grip.
So cool 😎

And yeah, the stories do say that The old 160 gr 6.5x 54 was pretty effecient :D

Mine is a 9.3x57. Superb. Regulated for 286 grain bullets.
View attachment 198725

View attachment 198727

100 yards, open sights. 286 grain PPU. Six o'clock hold~Muir

(My rifle is not set up for scope)
It's a bit of a thing with the husky 9.3x57s . I've owned a few based on the 96 and 98 action , they were all extremely accurate rifles . I gave my last one to my best friends son , it will put three rounds of Norma 232 gr Oryx into about an inch at one hundred yards using an old steel Weaver 2.5 fixed power scope . It makes you wonder how it shot when it was new , in this case , about 1939 .

AB

Photos please
Hello again mate, well i only have these on my phone:

The MS 7x57 (i think i have posted this on here, once before 👍). 52cm/20.5 inch barrel, and It carries a pecar 6x scope now, - but ideally i'd like to use it with iron sights or aim point mainly, and only occasionally with a scope.

Skærmbillede (176).png

The S&L 6,5x57 built on a captured Mauser98 action post ww2. 6 x Zeiss scope on that one. 60cm/24 inch barrel.

Skærmbillede (179).png

Last edited:
Hello again mate, well i only have these on my phone:

The MS 7x57 (i think i have posted this on here, once before 👍). 52cm/20.5 inch barrel, and It carries a pecar 6x scope now, - but ideally i'd like to use it with iron sights or aim point mainly, and only occasionally with a scope.

View attachment 198805

The S&L 6,5x57 built on a captured Mauser98 action post ww2. 6 x Zeiss scope on that one. 60cm/24 inch barrel.

View attachment 198806
Beauty, I now know I really want a MS like yours

Back