Arrested for paying in cash (£100.00 coin)

Heard him on the radio today. Just a bell end who feels he MUST prove a point. Only point he proved to me was that he's a grade one pillock.

The legal tender issue that people have using Scottish notes in England is due to not realising what legal tender is.
I once had a discussion with a person from Scotland about how Scotland wouldn't be able to keep the Scottish pound if Scotland voted for independence and he didn't realise that the Scottish pound was actually sterling. So the missunderstanding isn't just in England.

But Scottish notes aren't legal tender, not even in Scotland.
Neither are any bank notes north of the border. Not even those issued by the Bank of England. 'Legal Tender', and 'Legal Currency' are two completely separate entities . . . .

That copper was a grade A tw@t, should have dropped that spade sooner and he would have gotten out of the hole easier.

Let's arrest someone because they wanted to pay for a product with cash!

Then picking the man up because he bought the coin for less than its value, talk about running out of options, jeeeeez 🙄

Then the whole debacle of going to court etc and stringing this out for as long as 'they' did... Policing in the 21st century, brilliant 👏👌

I’m usually very supportive of the police, in this case the guy was a total jobsworth and did nothing but waste public money to be stubborn, the guy buying the fuel maybe dull as ditchwater but he was absolutely correct in this case and the award of damages show that.

The officers manner during the interview was abysmal. (And not the norm I hope)

I was stopped for a driving offence 15 years ago and an officer at the time made the mistake of tearing up a paper part of the licence after impounding my vehicle - he was requested to apologise during the court case.

Regards,
Gixer

Back