Sold: Arthur Wright knife

Pickles

Arthur Wright sheath knife with leather stacked handle. Bought on a whim a while back but I don't really have a use for it.
More photos on request.
£50 delivered.

Attachments

• 20210710_150320.jpg
    20210710_150320.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 293

Ozalid

WoW !! that brings back memories of my youth, every boy scout had one and thinking about it now, that was the only sort with the leather handle that was available.

Here is mine, I would have been around 10 when the old man gave it to me, this has sat in an old pipe cabinet for over 50 years. Its only a 3" blade but a cracking boys knife from an era when boys were allowed to be boys.

EMcC

Here is mine, I would have been around 10 when the old man gave it to me, this has sat in an old pipe cabinet for over 50 years. Its only a 3" blade but a cracking boys knife from an era when boys were allowed to be boys.

Yes,those were the days when children were brought up sensibly. I can always remeber the saying, 'every boy should have a knife and a peice of string'
This was often bourne out by the number of times school teachers would ask if any boy would volunteer to stay in, instead of going out at play time, to sharpen the pencils.

Pickles

Yes,those were the days when children were brought up sensibly. I can always remeber the saying, 'every boy should have a knife and a peice of string'
This was often bourne out by the number of times school teachers would ask if any boy would volunteer to stay in, instead of going out at play time, to sharpen the pencils.
Reminds me of my grandad telling me that he and all his friends would carry a pocket knife everyday, everywhere, without fail. The thought of doing anyone any harm with it or even joking around with it was not even a consideration...
These were also the days that to get your shotgun certificate all that was needed was a trip to the Post office and a shilling in your pocket by all accounts :p .

Jagare

WoW !! that brings back memories of my youth, every boy scout had one and thinking about it now, that was the only sort with the leather handle that was available.
As soon as I looked at the picture I thought , boy scout knife. I seem to remember you had to have a knife back them.