As popular as a fart in a crowded lift

Cows94

As title says, I'm currently not our keepers favourite person. Been after a particular problem fox for 3-4 weeks now. 10 days ago we were out & saw him at 150 yards. I rushed my shot & missed high. That went down like a lead balloon at the time & has lead to much (deserved) micky taking. Last night we decided to have another go for him as he'd started to come back in. Set of out at 10.30pm, found him by chance at about 2am, me shooting again, jumped out the Mule& on the back, set rifle up on roof. Keeper watching from driving seat with thermal. Just as I was pulling trigger I am 100% certain he moved or something & the Mule rocked & I missed again!!! Anyway, it was all obviously my fault & I'm now relegated to spotter duties for the foreseeable future

tozzybum

Everybody misses for whatever reason ,buck fever wobbly vehicle ,bad flatulence but unfortunately twice for the same witness puts you in the dog house this time.If he hits it first shot you,l never hear the end of it so make sure you sneeze ,"slip" ,or cough as he takes the shot.
Or just accept your fate as he will cock up sometime soon :thumb:

mealiejimmy

I know the feeling.
Missing (which everybody does at times) with the keeper hovering over you and moaning when you miss, takes all the enjoyment out of a nights foxing
I voluntarily became the spotter and let the keeper shoot with my rifle - less pressure and more dead foxes!!!
The keeper was made redundant so now I and another guy do the fox control with him spotting and me shooting.
I miss less frequently now and the whole experience is much more enjoyable
I think that's called karma :D

Cheers

Bruce

Sampo

Bet there's some sort of agreement with the keeper in exchange for bragging rights. Possibly in the midst of the area, under an unknown tree, a particular 4 legged friend is hanging out his second trophy bragging about the bullets he has dodged, until another day.

Foxyboy43

Also after the shot say straight away “I never heard a strike” even if is sounded like a cows are being hit by a cricket bat, just get element of doubt in
Ahem! Just how many cows have you hit with a cricket bat then? Is it a local Beds custom? Does Cwis know?
Great analogy by the way.
🦊🦊

Tazz

Ahem! Just how many cows have you hit with a cricket bat then? Is it a local Beds custom? Does Cwis know?
Great analogy by the way.
🦊🦊
It’s a recognised Bedfordshire event people come from miles to the annual summer “Willow on Living Leather” festival however for it to count towards the loudest strike the cow has to be born and registered in Bedfordshire. It’s always a high point in the calendar for the Guinness Book of Records educators