ATF Form 6N1A travel to USA with firearms

devon deer stalker

Just thought I would give you some advice if you are planning to visit the USA with firearms.
Nothing has changed really, the authorised form has always been required, and on ALL my previous visits I made sure I had one, although it was never asked for, until this year!
4 of us rocked up to TSA in Minneapolis and the first question was, ' we need to see your authorised form 6 please' of course I had made sure my 3 travelling companions had one, and we sailed through the checks.
I asked them what would have happened if we didn't have the form, we would have had 2 options, return home, or give up our rifles/ammo.
I hope that helps
Cheers
Richard

Woodsmoke

We needed the form to travel to Atlanta with our rifles a few years ago. It was an anxious wait for them to be faxed back through to us once authorised!!! I think the recommended submission time is 3 months prior to travel? Or has that changed since?

Incidentally, we also needed a State DNR license before they would consider letting us bring our rifles. Think mine was a non-resident 5-day Hunt/Fish, same for Big-Game, and a Deer harvest license too. That was for Georgia though, I'm not sure if other states have the same requirements

devon deer stalker

It actually only took 2 weeks to be emailed back to me, and yes you are correct, you have to supply the ATF with a copy of your non resident hunting licence.
Cheers
Richard
We needed the form to travel to Atlanta with our rifles a few years ago. It was an anxious wait for them to be faxed back through to us once authorised!!! I think the recommended submission time is 3 months prior to travel? Or has that changed since?

Incidentally, we also needed a State DNR license before they would consider letting us bring our rifles. Think mine was a non-resident 5-day Hunt/Fish, same for Big-Game, and a Deer harvest license too. That was for Georgia though, I'm not sure if other states have the same requirements