Atherstone Hunt "ceases activity".

The fourth Horseman

Used to go out with the Atherstone and the North Warwk's in my younger days, as I lived on the border between the two.
Now unless they have moved, the Atherstone are kennelled at Witherley near Atherstone. Maybe when it was two packs N & S the South were at Cotesbatch, but that was before me. First meet I went to I still remember, Dairy farm, Maxstoke lane, Packington, I was 6 not long after WW2 ended.
A terrible loss of heritage.

supersport

A friend of mine has a relation who hunts with the Atherstone they made the decision some time ago he was telling me last night that the antis are all over Facebook saying it’s a victory to be celebrated.

enfieldspares

FH. My father's brother hunted with the Atherstone after the M1 Motoway built and "detached" that part of the Quorn country from the Quorn Hunt he had ridden with from the time of George Barker. My father never hunted as his passion, and mine, was shooting. Although I can ride I wasn't interested either but did have a couple of days with the Atherstone terrier men in my teens.

riddick

A friend of mine has a relation who hunts with the Atherstone they made the decision some time ago he was telling me last night that the antis are all over Facebook saying it’s a victory to be celebrated.
aye, packham is jumping up and down saying "good riddance,lets move on to the next one" when hes not waving flowers about with xr hippy twats.

Ade8mm

A great shame. My Mother, Father and Sister all hunted with the Atherstone during the 80's. The Atherstone Hunt were affectionately known as "The A5 Trotters" back then.

The fourth Horseman

FH. My father's brother hunted with the Atherstone after the M1 Motoway built and "detached" that part of the Quorn country from the Quorn Hunt he had ridden with from the time of George Barker. My father never hunted as his passion, and mine, was shooting. Although I can ride I wasn't interested either but did have a couple of days with the Atherstone terrier men in my teens.
That was probably Bill Adam's and Eric Jack, sadly both long gone.