Attaching a squirrel bait feeder to a tree

Tikkat3xl

Just putting this out there to get ideas from you guys,
How do you attach your bait feeders to the tree, I have 2 feeders that I keep moving around the woodland block, I’m a bit reluctant to keep putting screw holes into the trees so has anyone tried alternative methods?

shakey jake

Just putting this out there to get ideas from you guys,
How do you attach your bait feeders to the tree, I have 2 feeders that I keep moving around the woodland block, I’m a bit reluctant to keep putting screw holes into the trees so has anyone tried alternative methods?
attach it too a plank then two ratchet straps

merlin

Length of chain or rope, 2 hooks or similar into feeder, then chain or rope looped around trunk over a branch, adjust height to suit - remembering that you have to be able to easily refill said feeder - and presto hey, Robert is yer mother's brother!

uptonogood

Rachet strap for me .Dosnt matter where you site it then and not looking for a specific tree .I tend to site the hide first as the feeder will be used no matter the location .

Tikkat3xl

Yes :thumb:

Was bored one Sunday afternoon😆

Ps word of warning - they like to eat it if it runs out :rolleyes::lol: Friends have suggested a metal .22 proofed front for next time. View attachment 209445 View attachment 209446
Looks like a good design, I bodged a quick one up last year and they had a good chew on that last week so I’ve had to bodge it again with mesh and tin 😂 nothing at all pretty but it sort of works 🐿 ended up buying a new one from squirrelmanagementuk for £45 which actually is a very good design and a very reasonable price as I neither have the time or the patience to build another

Attachments

• 890A47F5-7C11-4ADC-B9C8-C589A385ADE4.jpeg
    890A47F5-7C11-4ADC-B9C8-C589A385ADE4.jpeg
    373.4 KB · Views: 19
  • FC04B45C-8CA3-4AAB-9072-B24D3226C3CC.jpeg
    FC04B45C-8CA3-4AAB-9072-B24D3226C3CC.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 19