B F Goodrich AT

local guy knocked him down from 179. im a tad worried though now as its not the actual wheel size. at the minute tyres on are 255/65r17 but been advised by most Nav drivers that go off road to by 265/70r17 butread on a Navara forum that due having bigger size tyres that are not standard could affect insurance claim. However BF Goodrich don't due AT in 255/65r17. Worried now that may have made big expsensive mistake. Will say everyone seems to agree that the bigger size wont cause a problem on road. Thinking about Yokohama Geolander AT as they standard wheel size and they get a good review. Any thoufghts?

thats the size the nissan dealer fitted to my new navara, instead of the standard shite, had to twist him hard to get the deal though! just replaced them after 35, 000 miles, paid £720 for 4 fitted, didnt bother to shop around, wouldnt use anything else.

if you do change tyre size and keep the original spare, dont use 4wd if you have a puncture and have to use the spare, it really wont like it. i kept the best of my take offs and put it on the spare.

Last edited:
4x4 tyres .co.uk BF's 265x70x16 £588 got 4 cooper discovery st's for the Trooper great in snow wont have BF's again done 72,000 on the coopers and still got 6mm tread left but pays your money take your chance.

paul

cheapest i found about a month ago for BF goodrich all terrain on an 18 inch rim was 208 fitted

You always have to spend more money than anyone else:rolleyes:, and what sort of stick is that through the Roe bucks throat in your avatar:stir: dont you shoot em anymore:rofl:

Hope you are all ok and had a good season

You always have to spend more money than anyone else:rolleyes:, and what sort of stick is that through the Roe bucks throat in your avatar:stir: dont you shoot em anymore:rofl:

Hope you are all ok and had a good season

I thought youd been quiet for a while mate all good down here thanks allways a good buck about for you when you wanna come down again :D
I will even let you use a proper rifle :stir::stir: regards pete

chris mullins in gloucester. bristol road. I paid £400 fitted for the 4 that we 2 year ago but when i was looking i was getting quotes around £550-£600 from everywhere else.

BFs goin on now as I write they look proper butch. Fitter asked do want white letters facing in or out, I said out is that a bit chavy?

They were 265x65 R18's and were about 1.5" oversized on the diameter compared to factory supplied tyres.

The corners of the outer edges just caught (only by a few mm) the top of the mudguard on the fronts and graunched round every single corner. I could probably have hacked out some plastic and they'd have been fine but I didn't have the heart to do it on a brand new truck.

This is an Isuzu Rodeo though, so doesn't mean they would rub on a Navara. Wheels with different offsets would affect it too.

I get mine from the local ATS. One thing they always do for me is take off any corrosion from the alloys to ensure a good seal. They seem to last forever, over 60k on mine and plenty of tread for mud/snow.

Regards
Richard

They were 265x65 R18's and were about 1.5" oversized on the diameter compared to factory supplied tyres.

The corners of the outer edges just caught (only by a few mm) the top of the mudguard on the fronts and graunched round every single corner. I could probably have hacked out some plastic and they'd have been fine but I didn't have the heart to do it on a brand new truck.

This is an Isuzu Rodeo though, so doesn't mean they would rub on a Navara. Wheels with different offsets would affect it too.

Hi mate could tell me were you got the tyres in that size from 265 65 r18 cheers as i'm after some new tyres due to not been able to get grabbers at2's in 18".

They came from Camskill I think. I was looking for AT2's too but like you say, impossible to get as they are discontinued. The BFG's ended up selling on eBay for more than I paid for them and I ended up with the new Grabber AT's... the jury is still out on them but my gut feeling is that they aren't as good a the AT2's off road. They don't look as if they would be either. I guess the consolation is that I am getting significantly better fuel economy!

cheers mate I've emailed them but still waiting for a reply, its a l200 i'm wanting them for so if they catch a little i'd be able to wind the torsion bars up a touch.

how long ago did you purchace them?

Back