Babysitting

Stalker1962

Last month, for the first time in a lifetime, my son and his wife were able to get away for a night.

Would I (and Mrs.S62) have the children overnight?

Through gritted teeth, I accepted.

"The children, enjoy word games. Play word games with them. They will love that".

I was never a parent. I am not a natural Grandparent. I am not even sure I like children. Fairly sure, I do not like people.

Any hoo.

I waited until I thought that my son, his wife and their friends would be well into their meal, and perhaps enjoying a second bottle of wine, when I though I should send them an update...

True story.

Attachments

• IMG_1981.jpg
    IMG_1981.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 103

Woodsmoke

I waited until I thought that my son, his wife and their friends would be well into their meal, and perhaps enjoying a second bottle of wine, when I though I should send them an update...
Brilliant! That really made me chuckle :lol: Things like this amuse me no end. In fact, it can be downright beneficial. For example, I'm now no longer allowed to accompany Mrs Woodsmoke when she visits Hobbycraft. In fact, I'm fairly sure I'm actually no longer allowed in . . . . . . .

FB_IMG_1629360308584.jpg

Jagare

I was never a parent. I am not a natural Grandparent. I am not even sure I like children. Fairly sure, I do not like people.
I thought it was just me. Even though I have three children and grandkids I really don't get it. I was talking to my daughter about it and she is the same. She will never have children. My youngest son is the complete opposite to me with his children.

srvet

Brilliant! That really made me chuckle :lol: Things like this amuse me no end. In fact, it can be downright beneficial. For example, I'm now no longer allowed to accompany Mrs Woodsmoke when she visits Hobbycraft. In fact, I'm fairly sure I'm actually no longer allowed in . . . . . . .

View attachment 218020
Thinks like this amuse me too. When my son was at primary school they had to do a project on the solar system which involved nightly homework each day for a week where they had to write a sentence connected with stars, planets and the sky. Now filled with pride he headed in to school with the (only) homework Dad helped him with that read….. “If you look far enough to the south you can see Uranus”!!
just typing it has made me laugh again 14 years later 🤣🤣

Foxyboy43

Love it thanks. Reminded me of a documentary about Colonel Hilary Hook who was very much of the old India Cavalry officer type who probably in the 1980s came back to GB in his old age and struggled to understand just how much it had changed - probably on youtube or t’internet somewhere but very interesting and quite sad to watch. The bit that this thread sparked in my head was his schoolboy challenge to see how many times he could speak to the form master using a sentence with “ar.eho.e” in it. Very funny, from memory he managed 6 or 7 before being punished. Included sentences something like “Sir, are sole really a flatfish?” and “Sir, does SOS really mean save our souls?”. There will be more……..
🦊🦊