Back from my hols

reiver

Got back from my Piggy hunt in Croatia (the days just flew by )Had a great time and met some really great lads in the team some of who post on here inc "the Babe magnet" you know who you are!!:lol::lol:.

The weather was very cold -3 to -7 and below through the day and bloody cold at night!!!! along with the beer .
The hunting was great and the pigs were fit and very fast and the final score was 30 boar including some very good big pigs and plenty of shooting at pigs I had 11 shots at 4 pigs and shot 2 boar .
Happy days and looking forward to next year.

Bob

Your babe magnet ( aka salad dodger ) can confirm a first class hunt, great companionship and a truly memorable experience. The Croats worked so hard and made sure we had a wonderful time. Any way reiver, how many sleeps til next we are there? Thanks for your company mate.

Good to here you had a great time,as ive heard of a couple of disappointing hunts this season, im off next week cant wait..

Waiting to hear how E McC got on as we are hunting the same area....

You don't want to hear how I got on, well you might, but I don't want to tell you ;-( well perhaps I'd better.
I shot like an old woman, there were pigs all over the place but not where I wanted them !!
I managed one good one for four shots over the whole three days.
The other lads had a whale of a time, well I thought they did judging by the number of shots taken.
They shot pigs, Reds, Roe and foxes but still said there were not enough.
Between us there were about twenty pigs, three Reds, including a nice Stag, two Roe and three foxes shot over the three days but the shooting was abysmal so the bag should have been twice the size.
It was bl**y hard work for the beaters because they only had three dogs between them. They didn't want to bring theirs as some others had been shot previously.
It was difficult for us to know how the drive was going as we could not follow the progress the same from the beaters shouting as you can from the barking of the dogs.
I nearly got a Volkswagon Passat!!
The car was coming up a road that I was stood beside and a very large Boar came out of the drive and started to follow the car up the road towards me.
I turned round to face the road waiting for it to get near me, holding the rifle pointed sky wards, as the car passed me I lowered the rifle to take a shot at the pig when it's turbo suddenly cut in and it ran up the outside of the car, almost overtaking it, and then turned off the road making it's escape on the other side of the road.
All I managed to do was salute it in the distance as it made it's escape.
All in all a good trip.
Less travelling time and more dogs would have improved the trip immensly but that is something out of the Agents control so will not happen.
It was a very organised trip with transport to and from your pegs so that was a bonus.
I am off to Croatia Dec 5th, so with the practice I have just had, I will have no excuse for poor performance then !!! (I hope)

Last edited:
Got back from my Piggy hunt in Croatia (the days just flew by )Had a great time and met some really great lads in the team some of who post on here inc "the Babe magnet" you know who you are!!:lol::lol:.

The weather was very cold -3 to -7 and below through the day and bloody cold at night!!!! along with the beer .
The hunting was great and the pigs were fit and very fast and the final score was 30 boar including some very good big pigs and plenty of shooting at pigs I had 11 shots at 4 pigs and shot 2 boar .
Happy days and looking forward to next year.

Bob

Sounds like a great time, I hear Croatia is a beautiful place.

Hi Stu,
I went with Woodmill Shootings, it was a last minute trip as a result of the Sportingagent cancellation.
My next one is with Frank.
Bob went with Frank. I tried to get on that one but the transport from Zagreb was already full due to him taking two more than his usual number.

Hi Eddy,

Sounds like you both had eventful trips, good to hear it is nice and cold anyway which will be a change from recent years, we are off a week tomorrow.
I can't wait :)

Here are a couple of photos of the trip to wet your appetite a bit.

Bob

Attachments

• PA210008.jpg
    PA210008.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 52
Great news Eddie, as you already know some friends and i head off for the same area next week,getting excited now....

Stu are you going with Woodmills......

Stu, You will meet CSL he is on the same trip as you. He has a 'Cowboy' gun that he will be trying out it looks a bit like Bob's.
Have you been with Frank since he has started using Schrekos place in the converted barns, if not you are in for a pleasant surprise, they are really comfortable.
I am on his last trip in December.
Bob, it looks as if your 'Cowboy' gun and the new 'scope worked well :thumb:
Tony, if you are going to the same place as us and using the same grounds, you will enjoy it too. I only hope you manage to shoot better than I did !!

Nell - we are going with Basswood again, 4th time for me
Bob - if I am not mistaken you shot that pig in exactly the same spot I shot my first hog, that could be one of it's grandchildren ;)
Eddy - I think my mate is taking his .444 underlever so we could stick the two cowboys together!
I haven't been to the new place as we missed last year, I have only ever stayed at Jankovac, I have heard it is nice, and we are shooting there one day as well - so just fall out of bed and grab the rifle apparently.

Last edited:
Do i smell a little bit of green eyed envy for the good ole Usa .444M shooting iron? .
After all it has to be better than a push-me-pull-me Blazer thingy wotsit!!! and firing a proper pig shooting boollet tooo "yee-ha":smug:

Bob

Do i smell a little bit of green eyed envy for the good ole Usa .444M shooting iron? .
After all it has to be better than a push-me-pull-me Blazer thingy wotsit!!! and firing a proper pig shooting boollet tooo "yee-ha":smug:Bob
Nah ! nothing of the sort. I prefer to throw little bits of metal with precision ;) rather than chuck gert chunks of scrap metal all over the countryside ;)
Plus, I don't relish the thought of wearing highly tooled high heeled boots and a cowboy hat that goes with the ensemble !!!!!:D
Mind you, the way I am shooting at the moment I might as well carry a sharpened spade :eek:

QUOTE " I don't relish the thought of wearing highly tooled high heeled boots and a cowboy hat "

Just sticking with the gimp mask and the satsuma then Eddy !!!!! :rofl:
The spade would be good for Hunting Zombies up close and personal .

Bob

QUOTE " I don't relish the thought of wearing highly tooled high heeled boots and a cowboy hat "Just sticking with the gimp mask and the satsuma then Eddy !!!!! :rofl:
The spade would be good for Hunting Zombies up close and personal .Bob
We must arrange a trip together some time and if Andy brings his 'Hat' (the one he borrowed for the photo shoot last year) we could lay on a fashion show in evening :tiphat:

Hi Stu,
I went with Woodmill Shootings, it was a last minute trip as a result of the Sportingagent cancellation.
My next one is with Frank.
Bob went with Frank. I tried to get on that one but the transport from Zagreb was already full due to him taking two more than his usual number.
Eddy
We're you shooting with the Norwegian contingency ??

Back