Backpack and retailer

marrajack

I use a decathlon game bag as a roe sack, however I have booked a mountain hunt and wonder if anyone could recommend a bag for a hunting pack, rucksack etc
i would also like one that was well ventilated as I hate a wet back from bags
not keen on paying daft money and would like to have a look prior if possible
Some fjallraven look good as does Kuiu but too expensive

cheers in advance

devon deer stalker

Where are you hunting, and what will you be hunting?
Will you be camping out?
What weight of meat approx?
How far will the hike be and elevation?
In the states the dogs danglies are Mystery Ranch, but way out of my price range.
I bought a Lowe Alpine rucksac 75 litre which worked for me.

Cheers
Richard

marrajack

Where are you hunting, and what will you be hunting?
Will you be camping out?
What weight of meat approx?
How far will the hike be and elevation?
In the states the dogs danglies are Mystery Ranch, but way out of my price range.
I bought a Lowe Alpine rucksac 75 litre which worked for me.

Cheers
Richard

Looking for a day pack but will need to take change of clothes waterproof etc- pyranes
also will be used for hill stalking at home

EMcC

Have a look at FrankoniaJagd.de they had some Loden ruck sacks on special offer recently and postage was not prohibitive either.

caorach

Looking for a day pack but will need to take change of clothes waterproof etc- pyranes
also will be used for hill stalking at home
If your requirements are simply a bag to carry a change of clothing in then take a look at inexpensive "walking" type backpacks and get away from the marketing hype of "shooting equipment." For example I have had one of these for maybe 4 - 5 years and it has worked well, not the best quality in the whole world I guess but mine has been out maybe 300+ days in the time I've had it with no problems, and £32

Pro Force Army Waterproof Rucksack Bag New Forces 33L Olive Green: Amazon.co.uk: Sports Outdoors

If you want to go really lightweight, which might be an advantage in the hills then I have the big brother of the Exped Lightning 45:

Lightning 45 (Men and Womens) - backpackinglight.co.uk

This is a well made bag with an excellent back system that moves the weight onto your hips better than any other bag I've tried plus the bag is lightweight and much more robust than you'd imagine for the weight. Although 45l sounds big there are lots of compression options, I have the 60l version and would quite often use it as a day sack and it doesn't feel too flappy or large.

welshwarrior

I use a Berghaus Monro green day sac side strap compress it nice a flat when lightly loaded and it can expand to carry a lot more. It's an old friend that's travelled the world with me for 20 years now.

Rowey

I've got a Kelty MAP3500 and it's great. Using it for hillwalking as well but it's my day to day shooting bag

ChesterP

I dislike having to carry back-packs when stalking but find that a decent waist pack serves me far better. They don't get in the way of slinging the rifle and enable a separate Roe sack to be stuffed into the main compartment, along with gralloching kit etc plus spare ammunition. I have one similar to this but with a beefier waist belt incorporating a bullet pouch on each side. I have a folded up Yule sack in the main compartment which is worn above the waist pack (obviously) when retrieving small deer:

s-l500.jpg

You can buy something like this of pretty decent quality for around £20 to £50 depending on where you go. Ebay has loads; Military First is another good source. Forget then shooting industry hyped stuff. You usually end up paying through the nose for something bettered at half the price elsewhere.

marrajack

I eventually bit the bullet after looking at loads of you tube and reviews and bought a Stone Glacier Avail
really like the look of it and seems very well made
Heres to happy hunting

th32

BACKPACK BIG-GAME 45/90L | Decathlon

Includes a game bag to carry a roe or similar animal, chamois, fallow doe... Very good quality and well priced.

Just realized you've already bougth it after posting. Anyway I leave the info for the next who search for hunting backpacks ;)

Last edited: