Bad sales attitude !

Wallyboy

Hi all just been to purchase a new rifle from Humberside Shooting Ground , E.Yorks :mad: handled the rifle and although a bit dusty thought yes I will own this . Any how thought I would try a haggle and asked for his best price in which he replied £540 :eek: I then told him it was £500 on gun trader ? So he agreed that was it , I then asked regards a used wildcat mod he had for sale also . His reply £160 ! I declined the mod and asked regards he could offer a box of ammo to which his reply was I WOULDN'T GIVE YOU PEN !! I actually paused thought about it and replied you no what I would of bought that rifle but you can now have it back for your hole abrupt attitude pal ! And walked out ! A few manners spring to mind and would sooner cut my losses and buy else were ! So if you read this Paul T ? Educate your sales tactics and manners you pxxxk because I wouldn't give you time of day !!

bewsher500

excellent!!

Far too many RFD's get away with being ignorant and rude because of a limited market

​walk away!

bk

On the reverse side of this. If you find people to deal with that are sound and knowledgable stick with them and support them. There are very few locally to me but I get by via mail order etc and know who to use and who not to.
There are far to many Arses in the gun trade so those who aren't seem to stay busy

RED-DOT

I walked in to a local garage and attracted a salesmans attention and enquired about a car on display. The first thing he said was "do you realised it is the only one within 100miles of here" to which i replied "well if its that f'ing rare you won't be wanting to sell it then and left... He was in shock!!

digger9523

"Manners maketh the RFD" my mother used to say to me. :D

Best one i know is Richard Whiteley darn sarf here. A finer gentleman you couldn't meet i reckon. Many of you will have met him without knowing if you've ever been in the Swarovski tent at the game fairs.

I've found some of the blokes in Fultons at Bisley hard work in the past as well.

I. Farticus

The best near me are Ryan & Tony at Emmett & Stone in Marlow... I used to go to Beesley's but the attitude stank - no wonder that the business is up for sale for a song. Such a waste of a great site/location and old English Gun name. Ruined by pure laziness

Hunting Solutions

I walked in to a local garage and attracted a salesmans attention and enquired about a car on display. The first thing he said was "do you realised it is the only one within 100miles of here" to which i replied "well if its that f'ing rare you won't be wanting to sell it then and left... He was in shock!!

​He probably thought you were a nutter.

carper99

What bothers me is the difference in RFD's attitude if you go in looking to sell. A certain chain of large gun shops down here in the south west is especially bad about this. Go in with cash in your pocket and they are your best friends, come in looking to sell a gun and they are downright rude. They don't seem to realise that when it comes to your next purchase you may remember the bad taste left by such an experience.

1066kieran

Quite right 99. Having spent £1200 on a second hand set up plus mod there was a problem with the gun the dealer wasn't bothered as it was a commission sale. it ended up costing me £80 to put it right for the part so how much it would of cost him trade god knows. Having spent thousands with this bloke over the years he'll see no more of my money. Bad attitude and bad service.

constantinedes

Wallyboy
Good show he probably will have to reduce it even further now, he is being exposed to other members,that sort of attitude is just not on, especially in the current economic climate.

Last edited:

paul o'

even that shop in cathill london say thank you and how are you just before he slates you for havin the wrong rifle!
you done the right thing feller

moonstone gsp

When will traders in this sector realise that they are here to serve the customer.i have encountered similar bad manners and I won't be going back to that shop or recommend them to anyone I know. It's his loss at the end of the day

shrek1

Just rember if you want to be treated like s?it go to a gun shop.
I like nothing more on my day off than going with a pocket of cash to a gun shop to get treated like cr!p.
​You should all try it.

charadam

Is it because we have an interest in a fairly macho sport.

It seems to me from nearly 50 years involvement in the shooting sports that a number of the shop staff I have encountered would not be granted FACs - on the grounds of lack of knowledge, experience or manners.

Why oh why etc.