'Badger was fox' lie Cumbria men's convictions upheld

UK Outfitters

FrenchieBoy

So they were said to have been seen putting a live badger in the back of their van and someone thought it is a fox?
:doh::doh::doh:
I don't know what the hell they were smoking but I think I'll try some too!:rofl::rolleyes::rofl:

Last edited:

landkeeper

so no actual badger or fox was found???? only the fact that 'someone' saw them putting what they thought was a badger in the back of the van!!!!! and the fact that the judge did not believe them convicted them or am i missing something here:(

bobthedug

so no actual badger or fox was found???? only the fact that 'someone' saw them putting what they thought was a badger in the back of the van!!!!! and the fact that the judge did not believe them convicted them or am i missing something here:(

As usual with the media, only half a story.

At the time they were apparently caught by 2 police officers who saw and identified the animal as a badger.

They chanced their arm and decided to present a defence that the cops were wrong in identifying the animal as a badger.

No doubt this defence was decided on as the badger was not seized at the time, due to being "alive" as that is an essential part of the charge.

landkeeper

ah that's different in which case the deserve what they get.
i know someone very well who fell foul of the law. he was seen on a disused fox earth with a terrier and was convicted of badger baiting simply on the say so of a third party i thought it might have been similar circumstances

NorthDorset

Don't you just hate that?

I remember, back in the day, pulling a Fox at night and waking up next day with a heavy head staring at a Badger.

bobthedug

Don't you just hate that?

I remember, back in the day, pulling a Fox at night and waking up next day with a heavy head staring at a Badger.

Closest was after an all day session in Wotherspoons and lady luck was on my side and I went off home with a stunner only to find during the night she had changed into.... Well lets just say, it was that bad I quickly got ready and left her in my own house..

Evidence that wild Boar have indeed established themselves as far North as Wishaw!

Last edited:
1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...