• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • See how to change the advert prefix to Sold:.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: Barbour Press Stud:

Koenig

An odd request granted.

I have an old heavyweight Cordura type Barbour that’s missing the top part of the press stud (see photo).

Normally I’d just live with it, but I quite like the jacket and was wondering if (i) an original would be difficult to source? And (ii) is it a DIY job?

Barbour don’t seem interested in providing a repair for it because it’s not a wax cotton jacket.

Views from the SD collective sought?

Attachments

Dodder

I used to be a Barbour Agent many moons ago so am surprised they arent more help - things must've changed. I can only suggest you email the customer serv mgr to complain and lay it on a bit thick about being a loyal customer for years, very disappointed, etc. Failing that, find an old long established Barbour dealer as some of these just may have spares etc - good luck!

Koenig

Morning Dr. S,

Thanks for the steer. Oddly I’ve (literally) just had some original Barbour press studs arrive in the post. Now to try and fix things!

The jacket was my late fathers, and it’s well worn, so I am not complaining about wear and tear etc-it’s had a hard life and has stood up well. I do find it irritating that Barbour offer a pretty comprehensive repair service for wax cotton jackets, but won’t accept non wax cotton garments. In my view this is pretty poor customer care from a world renowned brand and shooters favourite.

jer

Morning Dr. S,

Thanks for the steer. Oddly I’ve (literally) just had some original Barbour press studs arrive in the post. Now to try and fix things!

The jacket was my late fathers, and it’s well worn, so I am not complaining about wear and tear etc-it’s had a hard life and has stood up well. I do find it irritating that Barbour offer a pretty comprehensive repair service for wax cotton jackets, but won’t accept non wax cotton garments. In my view this is pretty poor customer care from a world renowned brand and shooters favourite.
I have to agree, some years ago I bought a Barbour Ventile jacket which was certainly not cheap and after about a year managed to tear it on barbed wire when out lamping one night. Barbour said there was nothing they could do to repair it which was very disappointing but I made a good repair with a neoprene weld repair kit, the repair has held up brilliantly but is noticeable as an L shaped run of gel on the jacket which I can live with. A shame that such an iconic name in countrywear does not offer a complete repair service for all their products.

Dodder

When I was a Barbour Agent back in the nineties, I had pretty much one of every coat in the range in my size so I could demonstrate them to customers (I was a model!). Next season I was on a driven day in Wales with some mates wearing a brand new £300 Barbour Loden jacket and all the rest of the Barbour gear. Everyone else was wearing Musto and other makes. It hammered down all morning and when we went into the barn for lunch and stripped off, guess who was the only one who was **** wet through -yup - me! Boy did they take the ****!