Baronet's gun stunt backfires when officers swoop on wedding

1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
A member of the public phoned in to say they found the image threatening, can you believe it! Perhaps if these people who make such ridiculous accusations were made to pay for any action they want taken over such matters it would be a different story. How far will this anti nonsense be allowed to go, to say they felt threatened by an image in a newspaper and for it to receive this kind of response is beyond belief. So much of this rubbish makes the headlines that the Police are almost forced into dealing with it to avoid comebacks and then are made to look foolish as a result of their actions.

John

CWMMAN3738

What can one say, First they say someone "Felt threatened by the image" then later it says " we received a call from a membr of the public who was concerned about a firearm" even he thing about " failing to keep a shotgun in a locked cabinet" bet that raid cost more than the £2000 he was fined, I must admit I find him a realy menacing figure wo is likely to do anything:rofl:

Claret_Dabbler

A shotgun had nothing to do with it.

He posed for a photo a few weeks ago in the Telegraph holding an SLR (or FN FAL I can't tell the difference) wearing DPM and an empty 12 bore cartridge belt.

He just looked like a twit.

Archer

The world seems to have a growing number of people looking to be offended/feel threatened - and don't forget the "on behalf of others" brigade:rolleyes:- so if an image can set them off how long before the "sporting images" of people with guns or images of dead animals gets you an Enforcer "knock" at the door?
(said tongue in cheek but also with an eye on where this might end up:doh: )

private fraser

+1 on the above. It seems police numbers in England are down and now they are expected to deal with people who feel offended and threatened by images in the news and messages on twitter.

I mis-spelled that last word first time round by putting an a where the i should be, but when I saw lots of asterisks I realised my mistake. Well done software :).

Last edited:

bewsher500

I am offended every time I see Tony Blair on TV
can I complain about him and get an armed response team to give him an "inch by inch fingertip investigation"?!?

Druid

I am offended every time I see Tony Blair on TV
can I complain about him and get an armed response team to give him an "inch by inch fingertip investigation"?!?

​Preferably with cavity search for Bliar. He has proved himself to be capable of killing in large quantities with no qualms.

Paul at Fechan

he's just a character that some people dislike and want to cause trouble for. He doesn't help himself though when he parades with deacts that might not be deactivated at all! how could you tell?

Foss

A member of the public phoned in to say they found the image threatening, can you believe it! Perhaps if these people who make such ridiculous accusations were made to pay for any action they want taken over such matters it would be a different story. How far will this anti nonsense be allowed to go, to say they felt threatened by an image in a newspaper and for it to receive this kind of response is beyond belief. So much of this rubbish makes the headlines that the Police are almost forced into dealing with it to avoid comebacks and then are made to look foolish as a result of their actions.

John

Get to use a new word I learned on SD only this week (I think from Moray Outfitting) - "Hoplophobia" - i think this about sums up the situation.

Labrat

he's just a character that some people dislike and want to cause trouble for. He doesn't help himself though when he parades with deacts that might not be deactivated at all! how could you tell?

Problem is, that if the police truly believed that it wasn't deactivated, then there was little point in phoning him and telling him they were coming to inspect is there - in fact its quite clear that if they honestly believed he had a live SLR that he shouldn't have, then they would have been there in the early hours raiding him - therefore the polices insistence that they had to investigate it sounds increasingly hollow and dishonest, and their refusal to attend at a time of mutual convenience that would not affect his business becomes impossible to defend.

Greymaster

Imagine the people at the wedding reception with all those arms on the wall. And not one of them suffered alarm or distress! Unless it was a shotgun wedding in which case the groom may have been the person who phoned the cops!:lol:

CWMMAN3738

+1
Problem is, that if the police truly believed that it wasn't deactivated, then there was little point in phoning him and telling him they were coming to inspect is there - in fact its quite clear that if they honestly believed he had a live SLR that he shouldn't have, then they would have been there in the early hours raiding him - therefore the polices insistence that they had to investigate it sounds increasingly hollow and dishonest, and their refusal to attend at a time of mutual convenience that would not affect his business becomes impossible to defend.

Taff

I recon the chief inspector is a mate of his, he posed for a photo op for publicity , the police raid his home and now he has nation wide publicity.

enfieldspares

Am I the only one who found the police wish, to check if ALL the guns were de-activated, quite reasonable given his seeming disregard for the law.

Now we may or may not disagree with the law but I, at least, am glad that he was treated no different than if he had been "Mr" So and So than "Sir" So and So.

As an aside I see that Serjeant Nightingale is launching YET ANOTHER appeal. Did they teach him that when in a hole, neck deep in ****, it is best to stop digging?

Harry mac

Am I the only one who found the police wish, to check if ALL the guns were de-activated, quite reasonable given his seeming disregard for the law.

Now we may or may not disagree with the law but I, at least, am glad that he was treated no different than if he had been "Mr" So and So than "Sir" So and So.

As an aside I see that Serjeant Nightingale is launching YET ANOTHER appeal. Did they teach him that when in a hole, neck deep in ****, it is best to stop digging?

Yes, I think you must be. As for him being treated no differently to any other person, how many police raids are preceeded by a phone call to inform the target that the boys are on their way?
I am very doubtful that there ever was a phone call from a "member of the public".

shaun22/250

Well he looked a bit of a pillock on breakfast TV this morning saying he wants a BIG GAME hunter to stalk it down so he can mount its head in a space on his wall. Any one for an SD meet on the estate in Bridgewater lol.