BASC to challenge Wild Justice action

I would think a lot of landowners who have solar panels on agricultural land have more than half an eye on the future potential for conversion to housing, as a ‘brownfield’ development.

Every new build has a roof on which solar can be fitted to effectively provide enough hot water and electricity that for a large part of the year it should be pretty much self powered. The technology is there, it doesn’t add a lot to a new build, but when was the last time you saw all the local new builds fitted with solar. Yet down the road is yet another good piece of agricultural land going under solar or houses.

Well done BASC. What worries me is what is to stop Wild Justice constantly raising issues and forcing people to spend money fighting them. When is this going to stop if ever?
It’ll stop when someone runs out of money

Any comment Conor, hopefully self praise by WJ to keep the money rolling in.

“BASC’s intervention in Wild Justice’s challenge of the Welsh general licences was very helpful to our case and resulted in Justice Jarman contrasting the agreement on the legal position between Wild Justice and Natural Resources Wales with the different position of BASC. BASC couldn’t have beeen more helpful in getting that judgment and the precedent it sets in law, had they been trying. We’re not sure that BASC, and their members, actually realise that yet…”

From

burning of vegetation on blanket bog is damaging to peatland formation and habitat condition. It makes it more difficult or impossible to restore these habitats to their natural state and to restore their hydrology.‘ DEFRA

……………. Full text:-

Re the above I was told that the only people who directly benefit in employment from wind turbines in the UK are the man that digs the hole and the man that pours the concrete into the hole. All the rest is either the thing is made outside the UK or erected by contractors from outside the UK who come in to do that job and set the thing up and maintained by, again, contractors from outside the UK who come in to service it.
That is totally incorrect. For example Siemens Gamesa have a factory in Hull with over 1000 employees and they are there will be 100s of technicians required for maintenance work. It does not make econmical sense to send contractors from other countries to maintain turbines in the long term. Of course they will maybe have to do that initially as the workforce will need to be trained in the UK.

Well, I guess you're correct but that doesn't sound good for us lot. :worried:
PMA, it’s why we should all support our shooting organisations, whether we agree with everything they say or do. They have to be challenged, no way round it and so far our organisations have been relatively successful. They will soon run out of things to attack. It’s a long game im afraid

Have BASC used crowdfunding for specific issues? All the antis do it, so why not nick their tricks?

Think of the ££ or $$ if we got support from our buddies in the US.

Hell yeah boy !

It is good to see WJ trying to undermine BASC with supporters of shooting - it means BASC are finally getting it right.
Lets see more enlightened responses from BASC.
There is a lot to live down and a lot of expectation to live up to before I rejoin but its a possibility if the direction of travel is maintained.

Clarehill construction erect most if not all the wind turbines in the West Country .I’ve subbed to them for the bases and yes there’s money to be made but the initial capital outlay is unbelievable in m2 of concrete .Last we did was 246 m2 ,almost 31 loads @ £832.00 a load ,nearly 26 large .
Get a hiccup in pour and you’ve whats called a cold joint which requires more steel fabrication at a cost to the subby . 🤭42 loads of muck away @ £340 load ,nearly 15 large plus machine rental ,steel cages ,bars and tie wire ,man hours and shuttering ,ducting ,meter route and fencing and stone backfill to shuttering .Trackway to the job .24 hour security on the ally trackway .
Add a profit and not a lot of change from 62 large .Roll on the next batch 😇😇😀.
Seriously though a blight on the landscape but better than the dreaded solar fields .

Yes mate ,sorry cubic metres .I’m sat here working out a driveway price which is m2 .Cu - m ,m3 for concrete by volume .2.2 tonne to the m 3 in weight 🙄🤪😀

Back