Basic butchery set up

tmac

Building my own butchery setup in the garage. Where is best value to buy knives etc online?
Thanks

willie_gunn

I have accounts with Sundries | Casings | Ingredients - Butchers Sundries, Butchers Supplies & Equipment | Butchers Equipment Warehouse and Nisbets Catering Equipment – Catering Supplies & Kitchen Equipment but for sharps I almost inevitably find myself using Cutting Edge Services | Food Processing Equipment & Supplies

The service from Cutting Edge is excellent, and they frequently have some pretty useful clearance and special offers on knives. They also tend to carry hard to find items like spares for certain sharpeners, etc.

Woodsmoke

Victorinox knives are very good! Razor sharp, very reasonably priced, and easy to clean. Vogue do some very decently-priced stainless tables/sinks, etc, and I bought some large Hypiglas cutting boards from eBay for around £23.

willie_gunn

Victorinox knives are very good! Razor sharp, very reasonably priced, and easy to clean. Vogue do some very decently-priced stainless tables/sinks, etc, and I bought some large Hypiglas cutting boards from eBay for around £23.

Nisbet's is normally good for Hypiglas boards - they start from around £11.50 including VAT

Norfolk Deer Search

All you need is as follows

1 x steel or good knife sharpener
1 x victorinox 6” boning knife
1 x victorinox steak knofe
Optional extra mincer

And a way to pack your meat.

thats all i use and need and i can bust up a side of bwef with just that kit.