Basic Firearms Saftey and Awareness Course Whitby N Yorkshire

Ronin

Distinguished Member
All, formed Marine Sniper and Sniper Instructor Bradley Bourner will be running the following two courses at the Mulgrave Estate, Whitby, North Yorkshire in conjunction with the Deer Initiative

Any deer stalker will benefit from this training input, no matter what their previous experience.

Having undertaken the training myself its something you really should consider booking on to raise your skill set

20th July 2019

21st July 2019

To book please visit www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk

urx

I did a medium range course with Bradley a few years back with my .280
knows his stuff as you'd expect. It should be a great day out

Buchan

Superb course. When Bradly did the first course for the NW region he had us shoot a 5-shot group, then we retired for some lectures on the princiles of marksmanship. After most of us put foam on our stocks to raise the height and adopted the other techniques, the groups had all redued. No changes to sight or ammo, just us.

Treedave

What are the local B&B's like, anyone have any exp in that area?, Probably pretty high season 3rd week of July, Might consider a campsite. :-|
Try Airbnb, I’ve had some good results near Scarborough whilst working over there. If you can, get out of the national park and watch the price drop.

All, formed Marine Sniper and Sniper Instructor Bradley Bourner will be running the following two courses at the Mulgrave Estate, Whitby, North Yorkshire in conjunction with the Deer Initiative

Any deer stalker will benefit from this training input, no matter what their previous experience.

Having undertaken the training myself its something you really should consider booking on to raise your skill set

20th July 2019

21st July 2019

To book please visit www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk
A massive thanks to all those who supported the event over the weekend and also to all those who very kindly assisted me. I am looking at another possible Bradley Bourner event in the future.

arron

Having been at this event today , I can vouch for the information gleaned from it , you never stop learning and who better to explain where you can improve , if your serious about your deer stalking , support these events , you will come away with more knowledge than you went with that's for sure , thanks for putting it on ,and like you say the guys who helped out, regards Arron

finnbear270

Andy, Best thing you ever drew attention to, I learned more than bucket loads, and in a great group of guys over the whole weekend, Reading the wind and more interestingly the Mirage / heat haze reading ... so many years me being in effect half blind to the info around me :norty:, A fantastic support crew from the Mulgrave keepers + staff ...... headed up by the inimitable Alastair Boston, A couple of very capable shots among the details, Limulis Tony's buddy was pretty good, Guys you really don't know what a great thing you missed. Shame the DI is defunct soon, :coat:

limulus

Being a typically narcissistic deer stalker I really did think I knew just about all I needed to know about rifle shooting.

How wrong I am!

An excellent course which ran smoothly and instilled procedures and practices that saw my group sizes diminish by almost half at the end of the second day.(yeah yeah from a foot to 6” I hear you at the back)

I would strongly recommend any that pick up a rifle attend both days, you will greatly improved your shooting technique and if things go wrong and a second shot is needed you’ll have the skill set available to make any subsequent shots in a controlled, accurate, humane manor.

Highly recommended.