bbc badger poll

Not really possible to vote for me as I believe that's gassing should be used as part of a wider strategy, not only gassing but other methods employed as well. There isn't an option for this on the poll.

Not really possible to vote for me as I believe that's gassing should be used as part of a wider strategy, not only gassing but other methods employed as well. There isn't an option for this on the poll.

+1

There's nothing to stop one commenting on the poll without voting, and expressing this view, however.

The evidence for most farmers is pretty clear, If your cattle get visited by an infected badger the cattle will give a positive reaction to the test and be culled.
The cattle population is pretty much free of the disease as evidenced by the surveillance work carried out in the abattoirs. The majority of cattle farms are killing cattle on a regular basis and all will be inspected for signs of TB amonst other things, just like when you shoot a deer. Cattle to cattle transmission is almost unheard of now.
Before the ban, when a reactor was found, the infected set would be identified and eliminated. By this method TB was pushed back to 2 small areas, 1 on the Lizard peninsular and 1 near Bristol. Since the ban the disease has now spread out from there over a large part of the country

What result do they expect, from the viewers of a program that's watched mainly by bunny huggers, with a rose tinted view of the countryside, where Mr Badger and Mr Fox, help Mr bunny rabbit when he gets into trouble, and they all go off to tea together for a grass sandwich .

What result do they expect, from the viewers of a program that's watched mainly by bunny huggers, with a rose tinted view of the countryside, where Mr Badger and Mr Fox, help Mr bunny rabbit when he gets into trouble, and they all go off to tea together for a grass sandwich .

I don't know, I mean the question is whether they think it's an effective way to kill badgers, not whether they think badgers should be culled in the first place or not. It's actually a strange poll question. But it does give me the opportunity to bring this out of retirement:

Some of the viewing public seem to be a little upset looking at the comments page :rolleyes:

Bet they wished , THEY had kept QUIET About the shooting cull , NOW Gassing Thats the whole set in one go , and all ready buried.

Back