BDS SW Scotland Branch Gralloching/Butchery Day

Spiker

South West Scotland Branch of the British Deer Society will be holding an Activity Day on the 20[SUP]th[/SUP] August 2017 at Millhouse Deer Farm, Lockerbie. The day will be divided into two separate sessions and will cover the processes involved in recovering the carcass to putting the meat on the plate.
Gralloching. You will have the opportunity of gralloching a freshly culled carcass under the supervision of AW’s and Assessors. This will be a learning practice not an examination setting. There will be two vets in attendance for the technical questions. This is hands on and protective clothing will be available but please wear your old kit.
Butchery. Chilled carcasses will be dressed by a professional butcher who will answer questions as he works. The standard of butchery superb. The butcher will give a running commentary as he works. You may fire as many questions as you wish.
The day is intended for those seeking to undergo the rigors of DSC2 or simply for those interested in improving their skill level.
Lunch will of course be venison.
At the end of the day we will auction a freshly butchered carcass
Cost BDS members £35. Non members £40. Numbers will be limited to ensure everyone has a chance to participate.
To book a place PM me and I will send an email address with further details and directions.
Spiker

gordon357

Hi, If there's still a place left I'd like to book it. (BDS MEMBER) I was there last year and found very helpful and well run.
Please PM me with payment details if a space is available.
Thanks
Gordon