Bear in your high seat

Heym SR20

That's pretty cool. I am not sure if I would ever want to shoot a bear, and that one looked just like an inquisitive youngster.

teyhan1

If you go out in the woods today,
You're sure of a big surprise.
If you go out in the woods today,
You'd better go in disguise.

For every bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain, because
Today's the day the Teddy bears have their picnic.

:lol:

Neumo

Yes that bear was very close. It got up that tree and in his face very quickly.

Hopefully the chance of this happening in Surrey are slim.....

NigelM

I hope his gaiters were done up tightly. I would have absolutely s**t myself. You would have thought the bloke would have at least fired a warning shot or something to put the bear off, but no, he stands there and films the whole thing unfolding on his bloody go pro.

Either got balls of steel or he's a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

teyhan1

Perhaps our U.S. colleagues can enlighten us,
Do bears tear hunters out of tree stands?
How often?
I know you wear safety harnesses, not sure how effective they'd be with a bear hanging off your leg though.

Pedro

Don't know if that was a Go Pro or just his phone. Either way, my hands would have been full of rifle....

Heym SR20

thats a good one
few of them if you look on youtube
saw this one recently

very funny...afterwards!

Saskatchewan Black Bear Adrenaline At Its Best! - YouTube
That was an amazing piece of video. I must admit I would nt want to shoot something after I had sat and watched it and was completely unfazed / unaware of my presence. That's why I prefer stalking in - there is that short moment between getting close and the buck running off. I do find that if I sit and watch something, buck fever gets too high, but also I don't want to spoil the moment of being close to nature.