Belgians restrict halal

jimmy milnes

Maybe the animal welfare charities should look into the practices in this country instead of wasting time an effort on lesser things.
Or maybe they don't dare for fear of being branded ''ist's''

countrryboy

A lot might depend on the slaughter house, i know a few boys that work in a decent slaughter house producing high quality lamb, all is halal killed.
They say its no different to before except a prayer is said 1st.
It might be different in other slaughterhouses with lower standards thou.

The only thing i marginally object to is the equal opportunites for employment as it guarantees a muslim a job that no one else can apply for.

Woodsmoke

They say its no different to before except a prayer is said 1st.
The requirement for meat to be 'halal' is that the animal is 'in perfect health' prior to being killed. They can say all the fecking prayers they like, but slinging a beast up by its hind leg and cutting its throat in the name of religion is something only the truly godless could condone . . . . .

In truth though, I believe a lot of 'halal' meat is actually stunned prior to slaughter. The Jewish method called 'shechita' is the real villain of the piece, and doesn't allow for any stunning whatsoever prior to killing . . . .

Ironic that this practice carries on really, in a country where we have masked hunt saboteurs running around in the name of 'welfare' interfering with people on horseback chasing scented rags . . . . . . :-|

Last edited:

enfieldspares

Good to see this happening, its a scandal it was ever allowed in the first place.
When I was a kid most small aimals were killed that way. Held up by the legs....if it was a lamb it'd be by the man himself...and the throat cut. This wasn't Pakistan, nor Algeria but rural Lincolnshire. Where every village butcher killed his own animals. So once mostly all small animals were killed like that and the larger ones with a poleaxe and the throat then slit to bleed it out.

landkeeper

If you actually go to a slaughterhouse where they kill sheep for normal eu spec slaughter each and every animal is electrically stunned an instant before its throats cut , when halal sheep are to be killed they simply don't bother stunning them .
All our lambs go through one slaughter plant where there is a % killed for the halal market i have in the past refused to let them kill them that way and stood on the line in the kill box and made them stun them , there was a lot of eye rolling and jibber jabber from the slaughterman but they got stunned and killed the correct way .And went on down the line with all the halal killed lambs to me its a farce but to the meat plants it opens up a bigger market .
Having a conversation about it later the same day with other employees who told me there were moves afoot to just slaugher every sheep halal style then there would be no issues about which sector of the market the animal ended up in !!!!!!!!!!!!!

enfieldspares

LANDKEEPER is correct. All meat supplied for school meals in UK State Schools has to be halal slaughtered I am told. Whether that is correct I don't know but it is what I have been told.

CarlW

LANDKEEPER is correct. All meat supplied for school meals in UK State Schools has to be halal slaughtered I am told. Whether that is correct I don't know but it is what I have been told.
Wasn't there also a scandal a few years ago about Pizza Express serving all Halal meat because they couldn't be bothered to differentiate? I think a few other chains got caught up in it too?

enfieldspares

Wasn't there also a scandal a few years ago about Pizza Express serving all Halal meat because they couldn't be bothered to differentiate? I think a few other chains got caught up in it too?
And so called turkey ham. Which is pink turkey leg meat. Now the pizzerias that are muslim owned say that this is because it is halal. This is nonsense it is about profit as this turkey ham is a lot cheaper than real ham from a real pig. So next time in such unscrupulous places when you are enjoying an Hawaiian Pizza you're paying for ham and getting turkey.

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

I'd like to think the slaughterhouse Operatives gain zero "enjoyment" from the act or at least far less than a deerstalker taking a heart shot!

K

countrryboy

The boys i've asked about it who work on the line say there is no difference to how it was done pre halal everything is still stunned now as it was then.
They say by the end of the day the prayer is nothing more than a mumble

They kill everything halal as it maes it easier selling without sorting it out

Rifle shot

Now people please can someone enlighten me with this txt speak!
Lol. Laugh out loud.
IMHO. In my humble opinion. Etc etc...

Now Halal? Is it, Have a laugh all layabouts. You see I’m old and this kind of grammar is over my head. I’m going to report this thread to the “let’s speak real English society.” Or should that be, LSRES.
RS