Bell and Carlson stock importer.

Sako308

How does one acquire a Bell and Carlson stock (for a Winchester 70) at a reasonable price these days in the UK. Can only find one at Brownells UK but prices are ridiculous.

Redhawk rifles don't export to here anymore. Looks like it's going to be difficult or too expensive. Was also considering a Hogue stock (with full length bedding block) which you can order through their website. Any thoughts on those?

I have a B+C from my Mod 70 7mm mag,I replaced it 1/2 a doz years ago with another one (B+C)in a diff colour.
They are good honest stocks too.

Finally got hold of a B&C stock for my Winchester (Profit River Firearms in Canada will ship to the UK, £305+£70 VAT, import duty and handling fee this end). I must say it's beautifully made, solid and light. Also it fits like a glove so no alterations required. My rifle was 10lb empty (with factory wood stock), now 8.6lb. Very happy, now to shoot.

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

That's a real beauty. Glad you were able to source one.

Yeah, congratulations - I tried to get hold of a McMillan stock a while ago and gave up when I found I needed in Import license to get it past homeland security... I admire your persistence!

Took a bit of doing, I ended up contacting Bell & Carlson who put me onto the (very efficient) company in Canada. Haven't shot it yet but the reduction in weight was the main goal and will be a major bonus on a long day on the hill.

if you have the details of the company can you pm them to me.

I am looking at a new stock for my 595 in 6mmbr.

thanks

bob.

Finally got hold of a B&C stock for my Winchester (Profit River Firearms in Canada will ship to the UK, £305+£70 VAT, import duty and handling fee this end). I must say it's beautifully made, solid and light. Also it fits like a glove so no alterations required. My rifle was 10lb empty (with factory wood stock), now 8.6lb. Very happy, now to shoot.

View attachment 75781

View attachment 75782

View attachment 75783

View attachment 75784

Bloody nice rifle. That's what they call : A riflemans rifle.

What rings do you have on the scope ?

if you have the details of the company can you pm them to me.

I am looking at a new stock for my 595 in 6mmbr.

thanks

bob.

Prophet River Firearms (misspelled in my previous post), they were very helpful and efficient.

Bloody nice rifle. That's what they call : A riflemans rifle.

What rings do you have on the scope ?

Part of my weight saving campaign was to replace the somewhat heavy steel Leupold PRW rings with Warne Mountain Tech 7075 aluminium rings, quite expensive though at £90 a set.

I have a b&c on my ruger #1. Great stock.
58bad51d508fbed5139ec4dfd7d52527.jpg

How does one acquire a Bell and Carlson stock (for a Winchester 70) at a reasonable price these days in the UK. Can only find one at Brownells UK but prices are ridiculous.
Bell & Carson's main importer into the UK is prophet river in Canada. I ordered a B&S full tactical stock from these guys and came into the UK with in just 3 days. It's sat in customs for 2 days then it were posted straight to my house. Fantasic service indeed. This just cuts out the middle man in the UK I save myself around £200.00.
prophetriver.com
Regards Bri.

Last edited:
Back