Ben Fogle living in the

ciscokid

Did anyone see the TV program on ch5 tonight Ben fogle visited a couple who run a tourist holiday
spot in the woods in British Columbia. Lots of inconsistencies in the program but the main thing that annoys is that the couple moved there as resident aliens and now want to get bear hunting banned because it interferes with their " bear watching business ".

Chris J

I did and and can understand their point of view to be fair (they're entitled to think what they like) but what angered me was on seeing the hunter's trailer Fogle said 'It makes me want to run down there and slash their tyres'. Well that seemed a reasonable, adult and proportionate response then.

Obviously there weren't any representatives from either the hunters or the bears available for comment

Last edited:

McKenzie

I tried to watch a recent 'Great Migration' episode but I found the vocalising of his complete horror regarding anything being killed got in the way of my enjoyment of the programme & I switched off.

kes

This is what the great mass of TV viewers see and subconsciously align themselves with - hence my absolute dislike of Packham.

jimmy milnes

I did and and can understand their point of view to be fair (they're entitled to think what they like) but what angered me was on seeing the hunter's trailer Fogle said 'It makes me want to run down there and slash their tyres'. Well that seemed a reasonable, adult and proportionate response then.

Obviously there weren't any representatives from either the hunters or the bears available for comment
Never saw it but from what you're saying
When Ben sees a lawful activity taking place that he doesn't agree with it makes him want to commit an act of malicious wilful vandalism! !
Nice chap then.

Chris J

I think that people just feel the need to protest. They don't know why, but they just can't help themselves. It's perhaps a way of moving attention away from themselves. People do it all the time. My mother in law will condemn stuff that she's no knowledge of at all. Rather than say 'Well each to their own' she'll just say 'disgusting' or 'shocking'. Ben indicated that slashing the tyres could be a course of action and to his credit the bear watcher chap Julius, more or less said, well you're on your own there fella. That's your call.

My mother in law doesn't like that fact that I stalk, but oddly accepts as much venison liver as I can supply her with.

bowji john

Would that be whilst they're sitting eating their lamb chops in front of the telly?
Those lamb chops are not the same - they are city lamb chops and they come from Happy Valley where lamb chops wrapped in cellophane and a Tesco label on them roam happily through the long grass - don't they? :).

devon deer stalker

It probably doesn't help that i can't stand Fogle, but it made my blood boil when he questioned whether he should slash the tires.
But the English guy, lining his own pockets, and demanding they ban bear hunting, i wonder what the hunters think of him?
Maybe they should have questioned why the government extended the hunting season?
He also quoted a figure of C$2m per annum to the government from hunters, a quick search on Google and hunters contributed in excess of C$48m in 2003!
Cheers
Richard

JTO

And that big building in alongside the M5 in Somerset, that all the tankers enter and all the delivery drivers leave, is where they make milk.

Hunting Solutions

Did anyone see the TV program on ch5 tonight Ben fogle visited a couple who run a tourist holiday
spot in the woods in British Columbia. Lots of inconsistencies in the program but the main thing that annoys is that the couple moved there as resident aliens and now want to get bear hunting banned because it interferes with their " bear watching business ".
And it just so happens they are now starring in a Lush Cosmetics funded anti hunting video...what a surprise...

http://grizzlybearranch.ca/stopthehunt/trophy/

TOMMO.B

Dont you love it when folk move to rural places and try stamp other folk in to there way of thinking.
Happens all the time up here.
Bear Hunting was there before they moved and will be there long after they go.:)

howa243

He is a bit wet for me. Saw him in an episode of 'into the wild' a while back looking at the lives of a couple in Alaska I think. He had a little cry at eating some bear. Not sure why those of us that live in a way different to others, feel a need to impose our beliefs on them.

old man

Dont you love it when folk move to rural places and try stamp other folk in to there way of thinking.
Happens all the time up here.
Bear Hunting was there before they moved and will be there long after they go.:)
Here too, twice fairly recently, church bells and sprint racing track.

Reportedly in a recent conversation.
BF in the wild? maybe on a par with BG? :scared::scared:

Bavarianbrit

He is a bit wet for me. Saw him in an episode of 'into the wild' a while back looking at the lives of a couple in Alaska I think. He had a little cry at eating some bear. Not sure why those of us that live in a way different to others, feel a need to impose our beliefs on them.
Did he slash his own tyres afterwards as a penance? I think not. Saw the episode here in Tulum peesed me right off.

eldon

A very lopsided programme. I wanted to enjoy it but as said certain comments voiced on camera should have been edited out or an opposing argument allowed to be aired to create a balance.

"Oooh look what's down there" (looked like a caravan to me)
This is when Ben Fogle passed the slashing tyres comment
Guy takes a look through bins......... it's a pity a round hadn't come sailing by.

What right did they have to be there, doing what they wanted to do, that had more precedent than the hunters?

bowji john

Now that I've seen the link to the anti-hunting advert I'm beginning to believe that the hunting element in last nights episode was entirely contrived

If you cannot trust these programs to be honest entertainment or informative in nature without a hidden 'politically correct' agenda being pushed then I will have no hesitation in applying the off switch.

Too much bol***ks is already talked in the mainstream media for my liking

If I can't kick back and enjoy a bit of ''off grid'' daydreaming without being subjected to 21C brain washing then I'll bin it along with the BBC news and some of the other 'talk at you' programs that I've already binned

TURNBOLT

Orchestrated bbc ********,someone must have pulled some strings for them to get past immigration criteria. Own 32 acres and then try and shaft the rest of british Columbia.