Benchmade I.D.

paul o'

benchmade USA
light reading :
Benchmade started in California in 1979 as Bali-Song, changing its name in 1988 to the Pacific Cutlery Corporation. In 1990 the company moved to Clackamas, Oregon.[1][2] In 1996, the company moved to a 144,000 square foot facility in Oregon City, Oregon.[3] Benchmade became known primarily as a manufacturer of butterfly, or balisong-style knives, which it continues to manufacture. These knives have been so identified with the company that Benchmade has registered "Bali-Song" as a trademark and logo.[4] Benchmade's original Bali-Song design by Jody Samson was awarded Blade Magazine's Knife of the Year Award in 1979.[5]

Founder Les De Asis died Feb. 21, 2020 following a stroke.[6] Roberta De Asis held the position of President and CEO following his death and was succeeded by her son Jon in October 2020.[7

paul o'

As with any of the later copys like the Spyderco or tanto even sogwinder if there old and well used ! , i used to reshape to a working cutting edge of my own as they can be a pig unless you buy a honing jig the Axminster springs to mind . glad my Sogs etc have never been used lol