bergarra

Territory Hunting

d foxxer

I am in the near future hoping to have a rebarrel and rechamber I spoke to a gunsmith today and in my head had decided on one of 4 makes of barrel kreiger bartlein shilen or pac-nor but the smithy surprised me by saying i can have any barrel i want but i should seriously consider a bergarra which never entered my head has anyone here have a bergarra i have heard very little of them hope they aint made in Taiwan atb foxxer

Jager SA

Bergara are very good barrels, I've used several in builds and they shoot superb. Why spend money on other barrels when the Bergara will do exactly what you want.

They are not made in Taiwan but Spain, in a region well known for quality gun making...

I won't hesitate using them and have a few waiting to be chambered.

Yorkie

Made in Spain. They set up production with the help of Ed Shilen. If you do a Google they have a good website with a vid showing how the Barrels are made. Your Smith can also get them pre chambered to fit if it is a Remington you have.
They have a good reputation and a Friend has one on his 6.5x47. It shoots very well indeed.I would have one without hesitation.
They are much cheaper than other Blanks so make sure your Smith reflects this in the Price.

Yorkie.

sir-slots-alot

They are a Spanish made barrel and quite cheap. Having said that they are suppose to shoot straight.

I don't think they are hand lapped either, I looked through a bore scope at a Bergarra barrel and compared it to a Krieger and Truefite. you could definitely tell the difference in the finish.

Personally , I would choose any of the other makes you had in mind - even if it is just a confidence thing

Jager SA

They are a Spanish made barrel and quite cheap. Having said that they are suppose to shoot straight.

I don't think they are hand lapped either, I looked through a bore scope at a Bergarra barrel and compared it to a Krieger and Truefite. you could definitely tell the difference in the finish.

Personally , I would choose any of the other makes you had in mind - even if it is just a confidence thing

Bergara barrels are button rifle barrels so yes there will be a difference however, they are CNC honed, the whole process is very tight. I was at the factory some years back and it's quite a set up.

​Dont discount the Bergara, for the money and what your needs are you won't go wrong.

Jager SA

Here's a test group from a .223 I built, this is a basic starting load @100 off a bipod...minus the pulled shot if you'll allow!

​These barrels are as good as anything you'll need.

Last edited:

243ack

I had Steve Kershaw use a Bergara barrel in a Stiller action to build me a 7mmWSM. Absolutely superb. Even the chap I engaged to run it in and work up a load commented how little copper fouling it had from shot 1.
Half the price of most other barrels and, in my humble opinion: no compromise.

ejg

I think they are the way to go if one wants to replace a barrel on a hunting rifle. We just had two fitted.
We have not done any serious grouping tests yet, yesterday however at around 300yds we could hit little stones on a bank even with a warming up barrel.
edi

The deer man

Just by chance I drove past the Bergara factory in Spain (Pyrenees) last week - but I wasn't allowed to stop!

Considering a new barrel for one of my rifles and will almost definitely go for a Bergara if it happens, all I've heard is good news about them.

Jager SA

Just by chance I drove past the Bergara factory in Spain (Pyrenees) last week - but I wasn't allowed to stop!

Considering a new barrel for one of my rifles and will almost definitely go for a Bergara if it happens, all I've heard is good news about them.

​Yes deffo give them a look!

BRORA260

What is this thing about button rifled barrels, have used cut and button rifled tubes from the best makers, no difference except price and that is generally 30% more for cut rifling. Used about a dozen Bergaras so far including a couple of the quick fit barrels, one did take about 60rounds to settle but after that it was just like the others 5 in an inch which is less than the still accepted trade standard 3 in 1.5 inches. How accurate do we have to have sporting rifles today, the main embuggerance factor is still the nut behind the butt.

d foxxer

View attachment 32313
What is this thing about button rifled barrels, have used cut and button rifled tubes from the best makers, no difference except price and that is generally 30% more for cut rifling. Used about a dozen Bergaras so far including a couple of the quick fit barrels, one did take about 60rounds to settle but after that it was just like the others 5 in an inch which is less than the still accepted trade standard 3 in 1.5 inches. How accurate do we have to have sporting rifles today, the main embuggerance factor is still the nut behind the butt.

this is a 5 shot group from my 20 tac from when I was dicking around with finding a load for a decent grouping if I were to get a bergarra button barrel on my other rifle and it will do as in the pic all touching then I would happy to have one I think I am capable of doing my bit as long as the barrel can

gr1ffer

im getting my 708 rebarreled next year to 6.5x47 ill be using a bergara the guys at anglo custom rifles really rated them when i had a chat at cla

Leica Amplus 6