best 22lr on the market

danban

Hi I'm looking to get a lightweight .22lr. At the moment I'm running a cz452 varmint with a photon.
It's heavy and I don't rate it. I'm use to an old anschutz and compare it to that.
What can you guys recommend me as I do walk long distances at night with it.
Regards Dan

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

bewsher500

bolt action
short barrel 12"
Weirauch Mod
placcy stock

mine weighs nothing now

CZ bolt actions dont normally fail or falter
whats wrong with it?

danban

Nothing wrong with it at all. I just fancy a change.
Something lighter. Not much stock in my local shops to look at

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

hybridfiat

Browning BL-22 with a 2-7x32mm Burris or Nikon.
My choice too. A Ruger 10/22 is lighter but no where near as accurate or well made. The short (33 degree) action lever action will impress you and it's build quality keep you enamoured for life, whereas a cheaply made semi auto's shine wears off real fast.
15 fast accurate shots in LR and 22 shorts. You cannot go wrong with a Browning BL-22.

Humpers

Anschutz 1417. Light, accurate, sublime trigger, faultless engineering, and retains its value.

sauer

I really can't see what's heavy on a Cz .22lr ?!

You do say it's a varmint ... But still I have a Cz American ( left handed) cut down to a useable length & it's as light as .

Paul

Kalahari

It may be a silly question but how heavy is the optic set up? I have no experience but it might be some of the problem?

David.

Rupert J

I've recently bought an Anschutz 1417 which is absolutely superb especially as it has a thumbhole stock. I am delighted by its accuracy and the general feel and quality of it. I'd never have anything else (it's my 3rd Anschutz).

feaks

Anyone come across one of the Lithgow 22s yet? There's one on GunTrader for about a grand but I haven't seen it in the shops yet. The company blurb makes it look a good un but that's their job.

Hornet 6

CZ 452 American for me, short as possible, decent trigger and bedded, accurate as can be.

I notice a lot of Annie votes, well I have been there and tried the 64 action, not as nice to use
as the CZ, a 54 may be nice, but the CZ 452 really does take some beating.

Neil. :)

JohnT

Heavy is a comparative term. It will be defined differently by everyone you ask. My 452 (varmint) does not feel heavy to me and I really do appreciate the 'extra' weight in the barrel when out in anything other than a flat calm and taking standing shots. Horses for courses IMHO. Others will disagree.