Best Gun SHOP in Kent

Tf223

Countryways - west malling. Always seem to be keenest price wise. Biggest selection and shop size. Always pleasant to deal with - more of a working mans gun shop.

Chris Potter - tunbridge wells. Most expensive in my experience. Limited purchasing with them apart from my first rifle purchase which was absolutely fine. Less of a working mans gun shop.

Ashford gun room - Ashford. Newest and limited gun stock. Good guys who setup and have been growing since Kent wool growers went under. Seem to have a fair amount of reloading gear. My go to place as most convenient to me. Good at ordering stuff in if not stocked. Very helpful.

Overlay

plus 1 on Ashford gunroom

They say if they can and get what you want and keep you in the loop if it’s an order item

guys are 100% and prices are reasonable. - that’ll do for me

Tf223

plus 1 on Ashford gunroom

They say if they can and get what you want and keep you in the loop if it’s an order item

guys are 100% and prices are reasonable. - that’ll do for me

They certainly do, I ordered a cleaning box/stand not stocked by them, they ordered it in specially, called me when it first arrived (to update me that it arrived damaged) and continued to update me until the replacement arrived and was checked to make sure it was good.

I have found others I know who don’t like the ‘attitude’ or ‘customer service’ of countryways and Chris potter - I’ve never had a problem with either but I’m fairly easy going, but I kinda know what they mean.

Overlay

never had a problem with country ways or potters, but Ashford gunroom are on it and have no bullsh*t

Tugmanade

Another one for Ashford gunroom, no bull & will compete with online retailers if they can, if not they’ll tell you they can’t. Always had excellent service. 👍

Ade

Shootgun

Chris potter have always been good ... countryways not so good !

For me was the other way around!

Purchased 4 brand new guns from Chris Potter (1 rifle and 3 shotguns) and when i had a warranty issue with an Beretta Silver Pigeon, they tried to stich me up big time..

GMK sent a brand new shotgun as replacement, but Chris Potter tried to give me an old battered one instead, and keep the new one...
Needless to say i never went back to them ever since...

Hornet 6

Bought many, many shotguns and a few rifles from Chris Potter's, never had an issue they couldn't sort out, should I ever buy another I will re-visit.
Countryways, only once and never again, nuff said.

Neil.

soulboy1957

Same here for countrways I'm afraid, cartridges bit great, but the gun room sold me a new benelli that had been used.

jonathankent

I had a bad experience with country ways and I won’t be heading back.

I have had some mixed experiences with Potters. Both extremely good, and not great! I have found it depends who your dealing with. Bought a rifle from Shane (I think) a couple of years ago and he couldn’t have been more helpful. And I got a cracking deal. But had a poor experience previously with the older South African guy who works in there.

Always had a brilliant experience with the chaps in Ashford Gunroom. Couldn’t be more helpful or communicative

Wilson and Wilson are a great shop, lots and lots of guns. And probably the largest selection of RCBS gear outside of the factory. They also have a fantastic stock of ammunition.

Haven’t been recently but Greenfeilds in Canterbury have a handy little shop. Shotguns only I think.

There’s also a recent ish shop near Canterbury called Powder Monkey the shop is in Hersden.

The guy near paddock wood is a really decent bloke too.