Best IR add on for Digisight n455 ?

murph3010

Whats the Best IR add on for Digisight n455 ? I havent got the scope yet but from what i can tell its not the best built in IR that comes with it. Anyone got one and what do you use IR wise on yours?

DavyG

Whats the Best IR add on for Digisight n455 ? I havent got the scope yet but from what i can tell its not the best built in IR that comes with it. Anyone got one and what do you use IR wise on yours?
I've had few on mine, PBir, Solaris, etc. Currently using a wicked lights with no complaints. Whatever you go for, get one with dim control. Don't go for anything laser as you'll just get whiteout.
DG

Ttocs

Ludicrous lumens wraith Sunranger LED based torch with dimmer developed for the Digex

Ttocs

I had the 940nm and it gave good range without major whiteout issues. However, i Believe the 850nm gives better range and slightly sharper image. Have a chat with LL, in all likely hood you’ll be able to get both pills with the torch and return the one you don’t want.
cheers
N

flatliner

Ludicrous lumens wraith Sunranger LED based torch with dimmer developed for the Digex

The rotary dimmer on Ludicrous Lumens gives you a very versatile illuminator. I have a Ludicrous Lumens NS68-IC, which I originally used along with a red LED for lamping. I now use it with a 940 nm led on my n970 and it cover everything from close up ratting to 250yds for foxing. Size wise it is too bulky, but it does the job well. If I was going to buy new, I'd go for the LL Sunranger.

Ttocs

I upgraded from my Armasight IR, on the Drone 10X, to a Sunranger and found it mutch better (upgraded again to a Solaris SRX and its better again).
However, the LL Wraith Sunranger is brighter than the original Sunranger as it uses the new XHG LED - combine this with a dimmer that goes from virtually 0 to full power and you have a very versatile torch.
The Armasight Drone IR torch is a nice torch - I like the silent rotary power level on/of switch and the compact size; nice mount too. However, like the Drone, it USES CR3 batteries rather than the normal 18650 batteries which was another down side m]for me at the time
Cheers
N

Crosstjeck

Have you guys attached a (picatinny)mount directly onto the digisight for the externa IR-torch or attached it directly to the gun?