best place for cleaining rod

goldypurple

I've misplaced my .308 cleaning rod and cant find it anywhere, any suggestions where to get a new one and what do you suggest on type/make?

Dalua

I know you've not asked, but my favourite places for finding cleaning-rods are first, behind a bookcase. radiator etc. and second, in a rifle-case where it's been left after a range-trip.
To prevent them faalling behind things, all my cleaning-rods (gun and rifle) stand handle-up, in the corner of wall and bookcase, in the tin tube which used to contain a bottle of whisky. The tin prevents any one of them falling over.

The rifle rods are all Parker-Hale.

Rider

I had a Tipton but now use Dewey. A far better product. Keep it in the safe with your rifles. It won’t get damaged or lost in there.
I disagree. The handles on the Deweys are to small, the ball bearings on the handle are of worse quality than on the Tiptons and, and this is really a laughingstock, they have the wrong thread and need an adaptor to accommodate Dewey's own brushes. :doh:

enfieldspares

I differ from DALUA in that, if yiu can find them, the old red coated A J Parker cleaning rods are superior to the yellow coated Parker Hale rods. Edna Parker used to remark...often as it was her selling point as her coatings were applied as a hot dip or some other more costly process...that at the Imperial Meeting at Bisley you could walk along the firing point a Century Range and find it littered with yellow plastic from shed coatings on P-H rods. Whereas...and it is 100% true...her rods would never shed their coatings. I have had two for near on thirty years now of hers and the coatings are still fully in place. I hang my rods vertically downward from these. I had a box full doing nothing else. But Screw Fix sell new ones. As do B & Q. The rod part passes and the handle sits therefore on the top of it.

Last edited:

Alantoo

I've misplaced my .308 cleaning rod and cant find it anywhere, any suggestions where to get a new one and what do you suggest on type/make?
My Pro Shot one is in its plastic sleeve leaning up against the gun cabinet.

I have no experience of others, but this one has worked fine for a decade!

Either your local RFD... @1967spud is in Norwhich www.1967spud.com

or the Game Fair in few days will possibly give you the opportunity to compare a few. www.thegamefair.org

Alan

TomT3

In response to the thread title...Inserted into Chris packhams bum! He has a filthy mouth that requires a stern cleaning. I’m not sure who you’ll get to do it though!