Best place to start.

Nicki

The wait is now over for me and I have my GWP pup we have bred her as mum is a good dog and works well and dad is a very good working dog - danish breeding. What I now need is someone to point me in the right direction for training. I would like to do some deer tracking/rescue with her but have been told to steer away from pheasant/duck picking up training until she is steady on deer. Can someone give me a suggestion on books or people to approach for help starting out with her or training days to take her too. Thank you.

fallowfellow

Your a little ahead of me with the pup. Have yet to put it into practice. It hope to in next couple of months.

The deer dog blueprint videos are very good. My wife and I have been watching them to prepare for a pup arriving. It’s a subscription unless you want to shell out a few hundred NZ dollars! We are watching, making notes and will cancel the subscription once up to speed.

Guy Wallace Versatile Gun Dog gets good reviews. Have only read a few pages so far but easy to read which is always good.

Nicki

Your a little ahead of me with the pup. Have yet to put it into practice. It hope to in next couple of months.

The deer dog blueprint videos are very good. My wife and I have been watching them to prepare for a pup arriving. It’s a subscription unless you want to shell out a few hundred NZ dollars! We are watching, making notes and will cancel the subscription once up to speed.

Guy Wallace Versatile Gun Dog gets good reviews. Have only read a few pages so far but easy to read which is always good.
Thank you I will take a look at both of them.

fallowfellow

Top man, blowed if I could see that. Many thanks
Top man, blowed if I could see that. Many thanks

Link above should get you to a page with the buy or subscribe option. 327NZD translates as 166GBP just now. Pricey but least you have them indefinitely and I suppose it's money well spent if you get a well trained dog. I have got as far as tracking and preparing for bush trips. He can repeat himself a bit but it seems like a good logical system and it clearly works well for him with the NZ heading dogs. He says it works for other hunting breeds, HPRs etc.