big cat sighting verified

alberta boy

!cid_6D112FA4-0557-4D59-B988-174A6A6369C4.jpg imagejpeg_2.jpg
Sorry - I couldn't resist!! This picture was taken on a friend of mine's property that I hunt on in Alberta.
By the way, does anyone have any idea what this is in the second photo?

Muir

Yes , It's an old hoax from a while back, but it did cause a bit of a stir at the time. By the way, the cougar is quite real. It tore up one of the local farm dogs a week or so ago.

AB

Why didn't you shoot it?? I chased on through some thick stuff last fall with a handgun when it tried to pull by brother's neighbor off of his horse. I only got a glimpse and no shot . If I'd had a opportunity like that I'd have downed him. Hate mountain lion.~Muir

alberta boy

Why didn't you shoot it?? I chased on through some thick stuff last fall with a handgun when it tried to pull by brother's neighbor off of his horse. I only got a glimpse and no shot . If I'd had a opportunity like that I'd have downed him. Hate mountain lion.~Muir

Unfortunately, neither I or Perry ( the land owner) were around when the cat grabbed the dog. There was three of them in the area last fall, one big tom and a female with a yearling cub. The tom was shot this spring after killing a couple of Hereford calves. I think the cat on the game camera is the now adult cub. It doesn't seem like its worried about being close to human activity( it killed the dog next to the farm buildings) So needless to say his days are numbered.

AB

Tommo

It didn't look small either?

Gents what would be his weight (roughly) I'm just interested!

Tom

Muir

Unfortunately, neither I or Perry ( the land owner) were around when the cat grabbed the dog. There was three of them in the area last fall, one big tom and a female with a yearling cub. The tom was shot this spring after killing a couple of Hereford calves. I think the cat on the game camera is the now adult cub. It doesn't seem like its worried about being close to human activity( it killed the dog next to the farm buildings) So needless to say his days are numbered.

AB

Good. Cats that aren't afraid of human's are the worst. My sister in law heard a ruckus from her foul pen and came out to find a lion with a full grown goose in its maw. Looked at her, calmly walked to the side of the pen, and lept up and over the 8 foot wall. My brother insisted it was a bob cat (which he killed later that week) but bobs don't pull off that kind or leap with a huge goose in it's mouth. My brother takes lion's presence around his place in stride. They make me nervous. I motto is to kill them on sight, save the "live and let live" for bull frogs and turtles...you know, the things that don't hunt you.:rolleyes:~Muir

alberta boy

It didn't look small either?

Gents what would be his weight (roughly) I'm just interested!

Tom

If I had to guess, about one hundred pounds at most but probably less.The tom that was killed this spring wieghed just over 150 and he looked a lot heavier than the one pictured.

AB