Big Cat

Widespreaddanger

Hey troops

just wondered if anyone has had any encounters with big cats. I.e. Californian mountain lions/ Cougars whilst out lamping.?????

Be good to hear if anyone one else in different parts of the country has spotted these.

Cheers

Dave

Widespreaddanger

Yes was meaning in the UK

That bad boys massive just need a couple of witches with brooms to go with it.:p

Reason for the post is I watched a large Sand coloured Cougar sitting on edge of wood line on a bank. It was around 150- 200 yards away and I was looking through nightforce 12-42x56 scope. It looked to have two cubs.
when my mate got out the lanny the melted back into the trees.

i have since saw one other in a different woodland around 4 mile from original sighting.

Woodsmoke

Saw a large black cat about 15 years ago just up the road from here (not far from Coupar Angus) I also have a few photographs of some tracks I found on my permission a couple of years ago. I'll see if I can dig them out

CCB

Where?
Yes was meaning in the UK

That bad boys massive just need a couple of witches with brooms to go with it.:p

Reason for the post is I watched a large Sand coloured Cougar sitting on edge of wood line on a bank. It was around 150- 200 yards away and I was looking through nightforce 12-42x56 scope. It looked to have two cubs.
when my mate got out the lanny the melted back into the trees.

i have since saw one other in a different woodland around 4 mile from original sighting.

Widespreaddanger

It was on some ground I have permission to shoot on the border of West Lothian and North Lanarkshire. Could easily have a shot it but was quite shocked to be honest.
if it appears again maybe I will :lol:

sh1kar

Have to say I am pretty sceptical on this topic I would have thought that if there was anything real above a wildcat sized animal escaped/ gone feral, however remote in location we would see clear signs in tracks, spraints, hair, kill etc etc etc and the opportunity all this would provide for DNA sampling. Africa is a big place with in some areas small numbers of all sorts of cats/cat types from civets, serval right up to leopard, lions etc and they leave very clear sign that would not be mistaken for anything else. I would have thought those with significant cat tracking experience (not me btw) would end speculation pretty swiftly Same for US cats too I suspect

Have there been any completely confirmed instances?? Trail cams, witness stories, photos etc just aren't reliable enough (poor opportunities to get scale etc etc)

Be really quite interested. And will they qualify as any other lawful for estate management purposes??

d

Pedro

I once saw a family of elephants come down to drink at a flight pond I was at one evening. I did think of shooting one, but thought 32 grams of No.3 steel might have left me a little under-gunned. They were quite unusual, with shaggy light brown coats and tusks that came out of the top of their heads.

Shoot one, Widespreddanger and I shall happily eat my words. :D

Widespreaddanger

:lol: Quality Pedro.

Roger that if I clock it or them shall we say again I will. Wonder what the Laws on that would be if there are any. Plus it is quite cool to know they are around as long as it doesn't try to jump in the jeep window while I'm squeezing foxes:p