Bigfoot

paultap

I am not talking about coco the clown here :D

I wondered if any members of this site have actually seen one. As to my own belief in their existence .. I am leaning towards a possible yes.

paultap

Muir, I would hazard a guess she was hairy down South then.... In Britain that went out of fashion in the late eighties, Though I believe Sharron Stone made it popular again in the 1992 film Basic instinct. :D

Last edited:

Woodsmoke

I've never been one to instantly dismiss these things as fantasy............'there are more things in Heaven and on Earth', etc?

I don't have any argument other than that, though.

Big Cats, on the other hand............................? ;)

No comment at the moment.
A couple of recent experiences of mine have made me think about the "big cat" phenomenon. A few weeks back I was out with the dog when a friendly labrador from one of the farms squeezed himself under a barbed wire fence and then ran/fell/jumped down a bank of approximately 5ft to the track. He left a huge paw print at the bottom in the mud, where he'd obviously landed with some force. He had also left a little tuft of his dark yellow hair on the fence. Easy to see how evidence could be misinterpreted by those who hadn't seen the dog and/or enjoy the idea of it being a big cat.
Then today, out with the dog again on a different lane just after first light. I stopped at a spot that overlooks a narrow field between two areas of woodland. I often see a fox down there and its a nice quiet spot to watch. Today my fox was there. As I watched him I saw movements closer to the foreground. My first instinct said muntjac, but as I watched through the naked eye in the half light I thought maybe badger. It didn't stick around for long enough for me to make my mind up. Obviously it wasn't a big cat, but it demonstrates how difficult it can be to make an accurate identification in some conditions.

Taff

Having spent many weeks in the woods in the USA, after a few jars of Apple pie I can confirm they exist, they left there piles of putrid scent markers everywhere.

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

Sherlock Holmes.

“One should always prefer the probable impossible to the improbable possible.”

Aristotle