biggest calibre for all legal quarry?

mwncidur

Is the 6.5 the largest all legal quarry on peoples tickets?
If not, what is and what part of the country are you?

Many thanks

Ian.

mwncidur

Thanks for the replies so far.
FEO is coming to inspect cabinet next week due to house move, want to put in a variation with him at the same time. Looking for a deer calibre that will also be ok for all other legal quarry. Looking for something that i can do so longer range targets with from time to time too. Hence investigating the larger calibres.

Is the 6.5 the largest all legal quarry on peoples tickets?
If not, what is and what part of the country are you?

Many thanks

Ian.
My 6.5x55 is conditioned for "Deer and Any Other Lawful Quarry", and Thames Valley have confirmed that covers me for boar.

Now, boar come in different sizes, so it's my judgement once one is in my sights, and I look forward to the day when I have to make a decision, but stepping up to 156gr Lapua Mega will do the job on most...!

bewsher500

North yorkshire police would not let me have a 65x55 for fox and deer but granted me a 243 I don't understand why really

then ask them to explain.
make sure you have your velocity and energy figures to hand when you do
or better still ask them for both rifles and then just shoot the foxes you see when out stalking or "returning from stalking with a lamp in hand"

ridiculous

2130martin

North yorkshire police would not let me have a 65x55 for fox and deer but granted me a 243 I don't understand why really
Surely your arguement is that you want less weapons in your cabinet and you want to be able to shoot foxes while out stalking deer and not have to carry two rifles..............